Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really enjoying this so far, I just want confirmation that my interpretation of two situations is correct.

1) Since I advanced my genetics marker one spot, I claim an adaptation card at the beginning of planeteers. I did NOT reset my genetics marker to start. Is that correct?

2) I claimed the adaptation that gives me Build +3. I assume that I still must generate a build action with a card or infra to use the +3 (i.e. the adaptation card cannot generate a build action).

Thanks,
Wayne
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wwalker98 wrote:
I am really enjoying this so far, I just want confirmation that my interpretation of two situations is correct.

1) Since I advanced my genetics marker one spot, I claim an adaptation card at the beginning of planeteers. I did NOT reset my genetics marker to start. Is that correct?

2) I claimed the adaptation that gives me Build +3. I assume that I still must generate a build action with a card or infra to use the +3 (i.e. the adaptation card cannot generate a build action).

Thanks,
Wayne
1) No; You must complete an entire circle (3 advancements) before you get the card (and you still get it if you manage to advance more than 3 too). You are right in so far that the marker is not reset though.

2) Not quite. You must select the build action on your turn to use that adaption, but if 3 build points are enough then you can do so without having any build infra and without playing a build card from hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lajeunesse
France
Ivry-sur-Seine
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
Hihihi... Stop that, I'm ticklish !
mbmbmbmbmb
wwalker98 wrote:

Thanks,
Wayne

1) You get adaptation cards when your Genetics marker makes a complete turn (3 spots). If you've done it in Mariners Era, then yes, you get a card at the beginning of Planeteers and your marker stays where it is. But you can't be further ahead : I believe there are only 3 Genetics points total in Mariner (2 "Genetics 1" cards, and only 1 Discovery tile with Life where you can build a Bio Lab)...

2) Yes, the Adaptation card can be sufficient to do your action, no you don't have to have another source. Generally speaking, there are no "action cards". You may do one action each turn, whatever it is, and when you do your action, then you have to get points for it from where you can (infras from one HQ, your progress cards, cards from your hand, and/or bonuses from bases).
The "not generally" are Special cards, which are whole actions by themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
wwalker98 wrote:

Thanks,
Wayne
1) No; You must complete an entire circle (3 advancements) before you get the card (and you still get it if you manage to advance more than 3 too). You are right in so far that the marker is not reset though.

2) Not quite. You must select the build action on your turn to use that adaption, but if 3 build points are enough then you can do so without having any build infra and without playing a build card from hand.

1) Thanks, I reread the Planeteers setup and I see how I misread it.

2) Thanks. In a related question, if the build cost of a base is 0 (due to discovery token) would I also not need to play a card or infra even if I did not have the adaptation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wwalker98 wrote:
2) Thanks. In a related question, if the build cost of a base is 0 (due to discovery token) would I also not need to play a card or infra even if I did not have the adaptation?
Correct, you have achieved the required build points and therefore you do not have to play cards from your hand. (Note that you still may play cards from your hand even after you have reached sufficient points, e.g. to reduce your hand size so you get to draw a card at the end of your turn)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
wwalker98 wrote:
Correct, you have achieved the required build points and therefore you do not have to play cards from your hand. (Note that you still may play cards from your hand even after you have reached sufficient points, e.g. to reduce your hand size so you get to draw a card at the end of your turn)

You might want to use a 'Shielded' Build too, using an Infra slot card or a Build card from hand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave in Ledbury wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
wwalker98 wrote:

You might want to use a 'Shielded' Build too, using an Infra slot card or a Build card from hand?
Jup, that's another possible reason to play an extra card from your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.