Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
Free local pickup available (YMMV)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fog-of-Love-Board-Game-Exclusivel...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phryas 1981
msg tools
Was a bargain at half price, now it's a steal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Palm Beach County
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The deal that will never die
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Quinn
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I agree. I picked it up at $18 and both expansions for $10 each. The quality of the box and components is really good and for $10 even if you play it once and hate it. Gift it to a friend haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GatorDave wrote:
The deal that will never die

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Khairallah
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickquinn1 wrote:
I agree. I picked it up at $18 and both expansions for $10 each. The quality of the box and components is really good and for $10 even if you play it once and hate it. Gift it to a friend haha.

Call Walmart Customer Service. They may issue you a refund. I think it's up to 90 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Grubert
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for posting it!
Still not sure if I am going to like this game based on the reviews, but for $10 that's a low-risk purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael Corns
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What do you want to know?
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, why is this game suddenly going for so cheap in a few locations? Just overstock?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cross_ wrote:
Thank you for posting it!
Still not sure if I am going to like this game based on the reviews, but for $10 that's a low-risk purchase.

You're welcome.

Yeah, could never justify grabbing this before. Now it's worth a try. Even if my wife and I end up hating it and never playing it again, oh well... We've spent more on going to movies we ended up regretting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
acorns2009 wrote:
Just curious, why is this game suddenly going for so cheap in a few locations? Just overstock?

Fog of Love was a Wal Mart exclusive game. Not sure how many were printed, but if sales dropped off, I'm guessing they are sitting on a ton of overstock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
acorns2009 wrote:

Someone noted the following about the price drop

dthurston wrote:
On the latest issue of Ludology, Jacob Jaskov mentioned that the exclusive deal with Walmart is going to be ending soon. Does anybody know the details? Which US distributors will be carrying it?

http://ludology.libsyn.com/ludology-episode-194-lifting-the-...

(Sorry, I didn't note down the time stamp.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Kellis
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I don't like this game. But I am so glad others get to try it out! It's a great production and a wonderful experience for people that are more creative than we are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Palm Beach County
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sckellis wrote:
My wife and I don't like this game. But I am so glad others get to try it out! It's a great production and a wonderful experience for people that are more creative than we are.

Did you both play it out as how you would have reacted to each situation or did you try to roleplay somebody else entirely? I'm just wondering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Kellis
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GatorDave wrote:
sckellis wrote:

Did you both play it out as how you would have reacted to each situation or did you try to roleplay somebody else entirely? I'm just wondering.

Roleplay. In one game, I was Devin (a banker with a fancy tie and BO) and she was Bev (an athlete with a facial scar). It was novel at first. But it was hard for us to not gamify the experience too much, selecting the choices based on our goal cards. We would start out trying to formulate a narrative. But it just devolved for us into selecting responses and moving cubes around. The game just wasn't our style.

BUT I definitely think people should give it a try! It might be a great game for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Ledet
msg tools
mbmbmb
sckellis wrote:
Roleplay. In one game, I was Devin (a banker with a fancy tie and BO) and she was Bev (an athlete with a facial scar). It was novel at first. But it was hard for us to not gamify the experience too much, selecting the choices based on our goal cards. We would start out trying to formulate a narrative. But it just devolved for us into selecting responses and moving cubes around. The game just wasn't our style.

That was our experience although we did enjoy the story aspect. We just opened the third set that adds the break up destinies so we're hoping that will add a more competitive aspect to make the actual game part more exciting. But between the quality of the components, the rarely seen genre and storytelling style, and the price, it is definitely worth a reccomend even just as a casual, funny co-op.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool deal, I'll give it a shot. 10 dollars seems reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.