10 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can more than one person use a bow? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Brisson
Canada
flag msg tools
If i have an upgraded bow (II) can another hero use the basic bow (I) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can only equip tier 1 weapons and armor at the start of the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brisson
Canada
flag msg tools
i meant once i upgrade the bow to level 2, can someone else use the level 1 bow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hazelvine wrote:
i meant once i upgrade the bow to level 2, can someone else use the level 1 bow.

No.

“56.7 To upgrade an item, a hero selects a highlighted item from the item menu in the app and then selects one of the available upgrades. Then, the hero discards the item card that was upgraded and replaces it with the upgraded version that matches the one they selected in the app.
 The discarded upgrade card is returned to the supply and is no longer in the hero’s inventory.”
Rules Reference, page 18.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hazelvine wrote:

No, you are no longer at the start of the campaign so you cannot equip level 1 items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Petilli
msg tools
mbmb
I don't believe there's any way for a character to swap weapons to a weapon that someone else isn't using, let alone one that someone is.

I'm pretty sure that lore-wise when you upgrade an item it's still the same item. Just a cooler version of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Bolechów
Poland
Wroclaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No, because this is the same bow - you just know more about it because of accumulated lore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep! It still is the same bow as in the beginning!
It is like bilbo Finds out that the boring dagger that was burried in teolla case was indeed rare artifacts From gondolin wars!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Segundo
Brazil
Belem
Para
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:
hazelvine wrote:

No.

“56.7 To upgrade an item, a hero selects a highlighted item from the item menu in the app and then selects one of the available upgrades. Then, the hero discards the item card that was upgraded and replaces it with the upgraded version that matches the one they selected in the app.
 The discarded upgrade card is returned to the supply and is no longer in the hero’s inventory.”

Hero's inventory means that hero (the player) or all heroes (players)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paulsecond wrote:
SirRoke wrote:
hazelvine wrote:

No.

Hero's inventory means that hero (the player) or all heroes (players)?

Items are in a single Hero’s inventory. When it is upgraded, it is “returned to the supply”. It’s very clear.

Trinkets are held by “the party”.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.