4 Posts

Tournament Fishing: The Deckbuilding Game» Forums » General

Subject: Getting Destroyed in Solo! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Digital Blaine
msg tools
mbmb
This dang AI angler is catching all the 10 weight fish and coming I. With a score of 53 while my meager catches added up to a final weight of 23. I was hit with a couple of POP cards early when I had no cards to defend against it. I did manage to build my deck a little better this time around.

Anyone else having troubles against this AI angler? I’m going to play No Memory next time and see how that goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Robinson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, No Memory with the Event Card System variant in the official variant files is how I fish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Mahler
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Designer of Tournament Fishing
mbmbmbmbmb
As Nate said, there is a file here that has some Official Variants that can help with the difficulty.

The game was designed at the core to have about a 40% win rate in solo (which is my current rate), but that's only after you get comfortable with the system and are playing all the rules correctly.

Noticing that this was a bit harsh (sorry!) I reeled back the line a bit and added more ways to vary this win % (difficulty) to cater to your own tastes as a player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sco kucc

nottingham
Maryland
msg tools
I have created my variant where I use a multi-colored lure in my starting deck. That, plus using the boat expansion has helped, although this weekend, I played 5 times and only won once, but that's still a better win percentage than I'm used to!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.