Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dimitri
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mb
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say that so far there was no reaction whatsoever from the Herbert Estate to our petition. It's not really much of a surprise I guess,but I expected at the very least some kind of an explanation like "We're very sorry but the rights are tied up... blah, blah, blah."

Funny thing is though - the petition is still growing (much slower but it's not dead yet). So we're now at 3390 signatures.

http://www.petitiononline.com/36s45pf6/petition.html

Was it a silly thing to start the petition? Maybe, I don't know but I know one thing - I would do it again...

Later,

Hornless Unicorn
Dimitri.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a fine endeavor. More power to you. But I still have to hold with my opinion in your original petition thread that a "snail mail" letter writing campaign sent through the good ol' postal service might receive more attention.

And even if it would have no effect whatsoever, we'd still have the benefit of knowing that they at least had to deal with the momentary annoyance of disposing of all our mailed letters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stevenson
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Maximus - Male - Evil - Half-Orc - Knight
badge
Green ooze gurgles in a barrel. Do you wish to dunk and search?
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been out of the board game loop for a while now. But I would LOVE to be able to play this game at a reasonable price. 3391.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mb
UnluckyNumber wrote:
It's a fine endeavor. More power to you. But I still have to hold with my opinion in your original petition thread that a "snail mail" letter writing campaign sent through the good ol' postal service might receive more attention.

And even if it would have no effect whatsoever, we'd still have the benefit of knowing that they at least had to deal with the momentary annoyance of disposing of all our mailed letters.

I was thinking about what you said back then recently - if only we could get over 3000 snail mail letters - that would be something, but it would be much more difficult to organize and to let people know and most wouldn't like the effort involved. But we don't even have a mail address so far.

Funny that nobody knows exactly why they don't give the license. There are tons of theories around but no actual information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hornless_Unicorn wrote:
it would be much more difficult to organize

Hence, why it would mean more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
In response to the subject of this thread...

How? One well-placed House Atomic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DK Kemler
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hornless_Unicorn wrote:
UnluckyNumber wrote:

I was thinking about what you said back then recently - if only we could get over 3000 snail mail letters - that would be something, but it would be much more difficult to organize and to let people know and most wouldn't like the effort involved. But we don't even have a mail address so far.

Funny that nobody knows exactly why they don't give the license. There are tons of theories around but no actual information.

"The slow mail penetrates the shield."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mb
J.L.Robert wrote:
In response to the subject of this thread...

How? One well-placed House Atomic.

Not bad :-) but it's more like shooting sparows with a mortar. There's actually a much simpler way - just don't answer their "sand-mail" ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
UnluckyNumber wrote:

Generally online petitions are pretty worthless and unconvincing, and as far as I know, no decision makers really take them seriously, since they are trivially easy for people to sign, so they don't indicate anything about people's real passion for a cause.

Plus it is so easy to fraudulently add lots of bogus names to an online petition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mb
russ wrote:
UnluckyNumber wrote:

Generally online petitions are pretty worthless and unconvincing, and as far as I know, no decision makers really take them seriously, since they are trivially easy for people to sign, so they don't indicate anything about people's real passion for a cause.

Plus it is so easy to fraudulently add lots of bogus names to an online petition.

Well - who is holding you back? Why don't you sit down and write a letter right now? By all means.
I only started this, because people said, well... if you would start a petition I'd sign. Sheesh, most of us are too lazy to click the left mouse button once. By the way I don't think the so called "decision makers" give a fleas fart about us anyway... And who are you then? "Decision takers"? ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Hornless_Unicorn wrote:
Well - who is holding you back? Why don't you sit down and write a letter right now? By all means.

Because I am not interested in getting the Dune boardgame reprinted. I just noticed your interesting mysterious thread title and read it out of curiosity.

But good luck! I hope you Dune fans get your wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for ruining the image (if there is any) of the petition!

Last signature: Iosef Stalin pooh! 3393

I begin to regret that I ever got involved with this. Although there were lots of honest people taking part in it, some apparently enjoy spoiling it. Do you feel better now? It's obvious that you can add false signatures - but does that mean you have to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.