Hide
9 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Outlaw Gunbelt Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
juan carlos vazquez rojas
msg tools
Currently have a Gunslinger that uses the Outlaw Gunbelt since Performer Heroes can use it too, got the Autorithy of Targa Badge in my last mission, if I'm in the other world and gain the Law keyword does that mean I can't use the Gunbelt? I'm inclined to say I can't even though I'm using it due having the Performer keyword the "Law heroes can't use Outlaw items and viceversa" rule kicks in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Correct. You cannot use it while you have the keyword "Law".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you aren't required to use the Authority of O'Tar just because you're in an Otherworld; but you do have to make a choice of gun belt or badge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
Also, you aren't required to use the Authority of O'Tar just because you're in an Otherworld; but you do have to make a choice of gun belt or badge.
I think ... technically ... you are required to use it IF you're carrying it. It's not Clothing or a Hand Item, so there is no "unequipped".

O'tar takes its agents seriously. If you carry the badge, you represent. Your former life - your misdeeds and trials - are wiped away. Venture forth and bring justice to the cosmos.

- Jee

EDIT: You could put it in a Sack of Infinite Holding (Village Market). Only there is it hidden from the Will of O'tar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neorevenge wrote:
Currently have a Gunslinger that uses the Outlaw Gunbelt since Performer Heroes can use it too, got the Autorithy of Targa Badge in my last mission, if I'm in the other world and gain the Law keyword does that mean I can't use the Gunbelt? I'm inclined to say I can't even though I'm using it due having the Performer keyword the "Law heroes can't use Outlaw items and viceversa" rule kicks in.

Gunslingers get 'Showman' not 'Performer.

No Saloon dancing for you, Mr Holliday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Doncaster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Burnham wrote:
Correct. You cannot use it while you have the keyword "Law".

I don't have the card to hand, but i'm sure that you can. You only need one of it's required keywords to use it, not all. Therefore you can have keyword frontier (for example) and use it (the gun belt), and also use the authority of O'tar. Both can therefore be used together.

At least that's how I understand it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Jee: You can choose to equip or not equip badges the Authority of O'Tar. At least according to this FAQ entry (page 10):

Quote:
Q) Does the Authority of O’Tar Targa Artifact count as a ‘Badge’ (for limits and restrictions)? What if you are Keyword Outlaw and you equip the Authority of O’Tar while in an OtherWorld?

A) The Authority of O’Tar does NOT count as a ‘Badge’ (as it does not have the word Badge in the Item title). If an Outlaw Hero with the Authority of O’Tar equips it while in an OtherWorld, they immediately gain the word Law, losing the Keyword Outlaw, while it is equipped.

So the Authority of O'Tar gives the hero the Law trait while in an Other World. This replaces the Outlaw trait while the badge is equipped and the hero is in an Other World. Any equipment that requires the keyword Outlaw is no longer usable by the hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adria wrote:
@Jee: It appears you can choose to equip or not equip badges. At least according to this FAQ entry (page 10):

Quote:
Q) Does the Authority of O’Tar Targa Artifact count as a ‘Badge’ (for limits and restrictions)? What if you are Keyword Outlaw and you equip the Authority of O’Tar while in an OtherWorld?

A) The Authority of O’Tar does NOT count as a ‘Badge’ (as it does not have the word Badge in the Item title). If an Outlaw Hero with the Authority of O’Tar equips it while in an OtherWorld, they immediately gain the word Law, losing the Keyword Outlaw, while it is equipped.

So the Authority of O'Tar gives the hero the Law trait while in an Other World. This replaces the Outlaw trait while the badge is equipped and the hero is in an Other World. Any equipment that requires the keyword Outlaw is no longer usable by the hero.
I don’t think the Authority of O’tar is a Badge.

And wow did the FAQ word that unfortunately. Implying that badges need to be equipped despite not being Clothing or Hand Items raises a lot of questions about what is / needs to be / counts as “equipped”, which then raises cascading questions about things that reference that, like bags.

- Jee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I assumed Flying Frog was following the western trope where someone is made a deputy or sheriff by having a badge pinned to them, or cowardly throwing away the badge to convince the desperado they've resigned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls