Kris D
msg tools
Hello World,
Finally I dare to share my Character Tracker project for Shadows of Brimstone.
My Friends use it for a while now and after the Forbidden Fortress Update I want others to use it as well. Consider it public Beta.
Audio quality is 'meh' but I created a video that shows you what the tracker is capable of.

Just some bullet Points:

>Web based so it works on all platforms, Create a Character on PC or Mac, show it your Friends on Linux, Play on IOS/Android... As long as you have a Web browser you can access your Characters.

>Keep track of all Items you are carrying around. Backpack and in use slot.

>Simply keep track of XP, Money, Dark stone, Grit, Wounds, Sanity Damage, Corruption, Madness, Wounds, Mutations, Rewards for Level up and Rewards, learned Abilities, Side bag items...

>The Tracker automatically calculates Skill values based on Items, Abilities, Injuries/Mutations/Madness, + custom values (Boosts)

>Offers a database holding almost all Items, Abilities for all Hero classes, Mutations, Injuries, Madness (+ optional extended Charts from HexCrawl adventures (https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/111247/hexcrawl)

>Manage multiple characters.

>Try to understand the additional icons I added in order to make finding important Items, abilities, ... easier... (WIP)

>Draw random Loot, Scavenge cards, Gear, Artifacts and Shop items.

>Tons of Typos to explore as I hand typed in ALL! the cards by hand

>Also simple feedback to let me know if you need other features.

>I guess some want to know it is completely free to use.

> and more...

You can register here: https://kri5.de/SOB/login.php

Please report bugs, ideas, typos, etc via the feedback form.

As mentioned in the video, only add the E-Mail if you think you will forget your password. I want as little information on you as possible.

PS: If you own and can identify the Items from the Mission Packs, I would appreciate a image of them so I can add them. I think they are the only ones missing.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Toulouse
Midi-Pyrenees
flag msg tools
badge
Never fear, Doc Savage is here!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark Stone Shaman and Wandering Samurai are missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris D
msg tools
bern1106 wrote:
Dark Stone Shaman and Wandering Samurai are missing.
Thanks, could you share them with me, what expansion are they from? KS exclusives I also don't have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mercer
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Autism AcceptanceMicrobadge: Depression and Mental Health AwarenessMicrobadge: Cypher System fanMicrobadge: TransgenderMicrobadge: I play games with pride
Looks good, tried adding my Trederran Veteran. Doesn't seem to be a way to add their faction ability.
I'll have to give it a try using in game, my table isn't very big so this could be a real space-saver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
From the dark depths of the ancient ocean, a kindly cetacean spirit with a penchant for board games and dumb made up bios
badge
I like themes. I like stories. I like plastic. I like brutal co-ops. I am kickstarter's whipping boy. Come game with me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Homepage has the German "anmelden" on the login button - missing translation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris D
msg tools
spinningdice wrote:
Looks good, tried adding my Trederran Veteran. Doesn't seem to be a way to add their faction ability.
I'll have to give it a try using in game, my table isn't very big so this could be a real space-saver.
For something like the faction or clan I used the Notes to easily see it. But now I also Added them the Ninja clans and the orphan missions to the Skills.

Phantomwhale wrote:
Homepage has the German "anmelden" on the login button - missing translation?
Thanks. Fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mercer
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Autism AcceptanceMicrobadge: Depression and Mental Health AwarenessMicrobadge: Cypher System fanMicrobadge: TransgenderMicrobadge: I play games with pride
Awesome, thanks.
I am aware there is a note section, but it's nice to have to automatic.

Do the relevant options automatically change the starting gear (Trederran Carbine / Assassin Sai)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake G.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
This looks like it could be really great! I'll have to try it out soon

Thanks for your work on this, don't worry too much about the typos and stuff, I'm sure all that will get cleared up over time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris D
msg tools
spinningdice wrote:
Awesome, thanks.
I am aware there is a note section, but it's nice to have to automatic.

Do the relevant options automatically change the starting gear (Trederran Carbine / Assassin Sai)?
The gear is not changed automatically. It automatically changes only the gray values (armor, initiative, ...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mercer
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Had a game, mostly using the page to track characters.

A couple of points (minor things):

There doesn't seem to be anywhere to track your side back capacity (minor point but it's occasionally helpful).

Notes part works weirdly I'm not sure if it's a browser issue (using Opera) but it seems to sometimes sync and sometimes not between characters (and yes I am clicking the save button).

A way to trade equipment between characters would be nice. Though it's not too onerous to just remove it and then add it to the other one.

The random Gear card would be nice to have separated by set (at least having Forbidden Fortress separate so we can have themed gear sets)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris D
msg tools
spinningdice wrote:

There doesn't seem to be anywhere to track your side back capacity (minor point but it's occasionally helpful).

Notes part works weirdly I'm not sure if it's a browser issue (using Opera) but it seems to sometimes sync and sometimes not between characters (and yes I am clicking the save button).

A way to trade equipment between characters would be nice. Though it's not too onerous to just remove it and then add it to the other one.

The random Gear card would be nice to have separated by set (at least having Forbidden Fortress separate so we can have themed gear sets)
Side bag capacity is now on the todo list.

That is a bug I will look at. It is intended to NOT sync between chars. each can have seperate notes. But atm if the text was edited it does not update when changing the active char.

Inter account item trade is now on the todo list.

Seperating out the Forbiden Fortres gear is now on the todo list. (That will be fun.shake)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris D
msg tools
Ansgar1D wrote:
spinningdice wrote:

Side bag capacity is now on the todo list.

That is a bug I will look at. It is intended to NOT sync between chars. each can have seperate notes. But atm if the text was edited it does not update when changing the active char.

Inter account item trade is now on the todo list.

Seperating out the Forbiden Fortres gear is now on the todo list. (That will be fun.shake)
Some Update:

Side bag capacity is now displayed in the side bag area an can be adjusted by clicking on the text.

Notes update now correctly when switching characters.

In the Menu>Interaction section is now a list of owned characters and with taping on the name > trade can Items from the Backpack be sent to the other char. once switched to the receiver there will be a incoming trade in the news section (menu>check news) follow the exclamation mark.
when accepted the item is placed in the new owners backpack. If Upgrades are added to the traded item they are sent as well and stay on the item.
A possible use case is to have a custom 'Bank' character that takes keeps items you don't want to take onto Adventures but are to good to sell.

In the shop selection is now Gear (containing all), Gear Mine and Gear Forbidden Fortress.

Also adding new Items was adjusted to check if an other item with the name you want to add already exists. It can be added to the inventory directly or it tells where to find it.

Boosts can now be edited (expand the card and tap the new pen icon.)

Help page is initialized (Menu>Help). If you have questions that should be mentioned in the FAQ, please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah B
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
Super Awesome. I am loving using this for my walkthrough. It does seem that the Saloon Girl and Piano Player base stats are not correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris D
msg tools
ShatteredChina wrote:
Super Awesome. I am loving using this for my walkthrough. It does seem that the Saloon Girl and Piano Player base stats are not correct.
Thanks for reporting. I tested and it seems that the first Time a character is loaded after creation the basae stat is loaded twice. I will fix that.

But to confirm, as you say it is the Saloon Girl and Piano Player, is the value still wrong for you after reloading the page?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bettger
msg tools
Great Work! Thanks for your time and energy on this!

There is no Gear cards for the Undead Outlaw Deluxe expansion. Can I enter them myself or should I send you something to get those added?

Thanks

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris D
msg tools
jsuffering wrote:
Great Work! Thanks for your time and energy on this!

There is no Gear cards for the Undead Outlaw Deluxe expansion. Can I enter them myself or should I send you something to get those added?

Thanks

Jeff
You'r wellcome to add them yourself. Otherwise you can take a picture and upload them at the bottom of the page.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Set Sytes
msg tools
Thank you so much for this! This is what we've been needing for so long!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls