Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today How came to our shop. He bragged about winning against his friend (Vulca) using the Hoax some days ago, and so we played a couple of games of Blue Moon.

Game #1: Alan (Vulca) vs. How (Hoax)
winner: Alan (4 crystals)

How played first but I won the first dragon. Then in the next fight, How played "Bethenitana the Storyteller" before he retreated in order to prevent me from attracting any dragons. The third fight was a long fight, which I won with "Fearsome Spirits" and 6+ cards for 3 dragons and the game.

Game #2: Alan (Vulca) vs. How (Hoax)
winner: Alan (4 crystals)

How again played first, and this time he won the first dragon. But I promptly got it back with "Charm Holy Dragon". In the next fight How again played "Bethenitana the Storyteller" before he retreated. Then I won the next fight with "Fearsome Spirits" for 3 dragons. On the next fight, How started with the Tomb of Wisdom, so I retreated promptly to avoid having to put up with it. In the final fight, although my deck was running out of cards, I barely prevailed with "Wall of Fire", and attracted 2 more dragons for the victory.

After the game, How commented that he felt that he didn't make any bad plays. That was true in a sense: he didn't make any /bad/ plays. But in this fine game, there are always many subtle fine plays which are not so easily identified by an average player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
[self-follow]

I may have remembered wrong about the first game: How probably did not retreat after playing "Bethenitana the Storyteller", and we played on the second fight until I won three dragons and the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like How has to learn when to fold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like How has to learn when to fold.

The thing to learn. Quite a few games I play in (although I'm not playing much at the moment for lack of opponents) have dialogue which goes "how many cards do you have in play?", "five", "I retreat".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Dearlove wrote:

"how many cards do you have in play?", "five", "I retreat".

These words became prominant by the third playing of the game.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Perriam
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Octavian (#40321),

indeed they did !!

u gotta be pretty damn confident to keep playing if your opponent has 5 cards down.

2 dragons to your opponent in one go can make a serious difference to the flow of the game.

both of us now keep a good look at how many cards we each have down. even more of a problem though with the additional decks when you can play free cards / paired cards etc !

all adds to the fun of this amazing game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.