[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: May '19 US Math Shipping Trade Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Ricketts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question for the group. This is my first math trade and I'm really excited.

How do people usually ship the games? I've shipped games before but it's usually pretty expensive. Are there any tips to reduce the cost?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
www.paypal.com/shipnow

Gives you access to the USPS retail rates, but seems to have issues with the Chrome browser.

If you have a ton of stuff to ship, Amazon has a shipping service. I've never tried it, but supposedly much cheaper. It can also be much slower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Sonnenberg
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinRRizzo wrote:
ccallahan22 wrote:
JustinRRizzo wrote:
That's awesome. Thanks for the tip on the FlowHive. Any good books you used when learning?

Let's set up a direct trade for a box of honey sticks. Then I can put to rest this dark could that has been hanging over my head since Halloween, when other members bragged of receiving candy with their trades. I never got any candy, but I love honey sticks. And fallout. I love fallout too, but it doesn't taste as good. At least not since Fallout 2.

AAAAND I had to Google honey sticks...

So here's how it happens. You walk out of the store having bought just a few. You get into your car, put it in drive, and think "lets try these out". Two minutes later those sticks are gone, and you're back at the store like:

https://youtu.be/IoXK0eeTrAU?t=2

At least that's how it happened to me. Good thing we moved away from that little town in Texas. That poor lady was having to restock her supply every week.

You mean, that rich lady....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Griffith
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
glsonn wrote:
JustinRRizzo wrote:
ccallahan22 wrote:
JustinRRizzo wrote:
That's awesome. Thanks for the tip on the FlowHive. Any good books you used when learning?

Let's set up a direct trade for a box of honey sticks. Then I can put to rest this dark could that has been hanging over my head since Halloween, when other members bragged of receiving candy with their trades. I never got any candy, but I love honey sticks. And fallout. I love fallout too, but it doesn't taste as good. At least not since Fallout 2.

So here's how it happens. You walk out of the store having bought just a few. You get into your car, put it in drive, and think "lets try these out". Two minutes later those sticks are gone, and you're back at the store like:

At least that's how it happened to me. Good thing we moved away from that little town in Texas. That poor lady was having to restock her supply every week.

So that's why she was smiling. I thought it was perhaps related to me pushing all the little kids out of the way so I could get first dibs on her new supply every week. That peach flavor is really motivating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carolyn Callahan
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinRRizzo wrote:
glsonn wrote:
JustinRRizzo wrote:
ccallahan22 wrote:
JustinRRizzo wrote:

So that's why she was smiling. I thought it was perhaps related to me pushing all the little kids out of the way so I could get first dibs on her new supply every week. That peach flavor is really motivating.

Flavored? Oh my...

(back to Google - I definitely need to come out from under my rock more often)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Griffith
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ccallahan22 wrote:
JustinRRizzo wrote:
glsonn wrote:
JustinRRizzo wrote:
ccallahan22 wrote:
JustinRRizzo wrote:

Flavored? Oh my...

(back to Google - I definitely need to come out from under my rock more often)

I don't know, my rock is heavy. I have to be pretty motivated to come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Shepherd
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm brand new to this...here's what I'm wanting to do, whoever can help with this....

I'm wanting to get rid of Arkham Horror: TCG, Pagoda, and Imperial Settlers and I'm trying to get Gizmos and Five Tribes...the only straight trade (I think) would be AH for Gizmos. How do I trade out Pagoda and Imperial Settlers and get Five Tribes in? Is there some kind of "currency" I can trade for? Thanks for helping the new guy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Thompson
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brantshep36 wrote:
I'm brand new to this...here's what I'm wanting to do, whoever can help with this....

I'm wanting to get rid of Arkham Horror: TCG, Pagoda, and Imperial Settlers and I'm trying to get Gizmos and Five Tribes...the only straight trade (I think) would be AH for Gizmos. How do I trade out Pagoda and Imperial Settlers and get Five Tribes in? Is there some kind of "currency" I can trade for? Thanks for helping the new guy!

You can always trade for Geek Gold or gift cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Leitzel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brantshep36 wrote:

indicate in the grid which of your titles you would like to trade for which games you select.. then see if magic happens.

People always offer lowball offerings to me, just in case the trade cirlces work out .. sometimes people DO manage to trade that promo card for a copy of Gloomhaven..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bailey
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
“I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.” ― Terry Pratchett
mbmbmbmbmb
brantshep36 wrote:

If I understand your question, you would need to combine Pagoda and Imperial Settlers into one entry, most likely by offering IS and adding Pagoda as a sweetener.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Crawford
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbailey wrote:
brantshep36 wrote:

If I understand your question, you would need to combine Pagoda and Imperial Settlers into one entry, most likely by offering IS and adding Pagoda as a sweetener.

But in general I don't think this is a good strategy because it only helps if there is someone who wants both games. For most people who want Imperial Settlers, Pagoda is just a throw-in that adds little value. That's how I would view it, so I wouldn't offer anything over what I would offer for Imperial Settlers. In fact I would probably still group that offering with the other Imperial Settlers in the dupe group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd agree with not combining them unless they are linked in some way. Go with three separate entries.

Plenty of other games on the list you could try to get as a third or trade for gift cards (cash) or Geek Gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just replayed a game that I've listed to confirm I want to trade it, and realized that the previous owner had replaced the rules with a color printout of the rules (stapled). I forgot that I had received this as a trade so forgot this was the case (I always keep the rulebooks). It's otherwise in VG condition, but downgraded to good as a result of the rulebook.

I've updated the listing, added a comment to the same effect (in case anyone who's interested in it subscribed to it), and am posting here as well. It's currently item #3300 on page 132, In the Year of the Dragon: 10th Anniversary.

Sorry about any confusion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YellowJack wrote:
Just replayed a game that I've listed to confirm I want to trade it, and realized that the previous owner had replaced the rules with a color printout of the rules (stapled). I forgot that I had received this as a trade so forgot this was the case (I always keep the rulebooks). It's otherwise in VG condition, but downgraded to good as a result of the rulebook.

I've updated the listing, added a comment to the same effect (in case anyone who's interested in it subscribed to it), and am posting here as well. It's currently item #3300 on page 132, In the Year of the Dragon: 10th Anniversary.

I'm pretty sure downgrades in condition on an item are not allowed. Not everyone is going to read the entry again. I'd blank or delete the current one and relist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
georgeofjungle3 wrote:
YellowJack wrote:

I'm pretty sure downgrades in condition on an item are not allowed. Not everyone is going to read the entry again. I'd blank or delete the current one and relist.

Rules of the Math Trade wrote:
7. Items may be edited after listing. ***NEW*** This editing MAY include downgrading the initial listing. Should changes to a listing be made, the OLWLG will alert all users who have already selected the item as a want. It is THEIR responsibility to review and accept the changes (or remove the item from their wantlist).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
feldfan2014 wrote:
georgeofjungle3 wrote:
YellowJack wrote:

Rules of the Math Trade wrote:
7. Items may be edited after listing. ***NEW*** This editing MAY include downgrading the initial listing. Should changes to a listing be made, the OLWLG will alert all users who have already selected the item as a want. It is THEIR responsibility to review and accept the changes (or remove the item from their wantlist).

Huh, well that's new and certainly more user friendly. I stand corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YellowJack wrote:

Just my opinion, but I don't think this warranted downgrading the condition. I'd say "VG condition, escape that the rulebook has been replaced with a color printout."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Cox
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
georgeofjungle3 wrote:
YellowJack wrote:

Downgrades are allowed now because Jeff has put in a system by where added items that change require your approval on a comparison page. Don't you have to accept changes with the yellow warning up top almost every trade?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TedMarshall wrote:
YellowJack wrote:

Just my opinion, but I don't think this warranted downgrading the condition. I'd say "VG condition, escape that the rulebook has been replaced with a color printout."

Eh, you're probably right, but I don't want anyone to have any negative surprises with my trades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Holmes
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to OWLG so I'm probably missing something obvious, but: all but one of the items I have in the trade show on my "what will you trade for this?" checklist, but the most recently listed time (PACG: Skulls & Shackles) does not show up, though I have confirmed it is definitely in the trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aerothorn wrote:
I'm new to OWLG so I'm probably missing something obvious, but: all but one of the items I have in the trade show on my "what will you trade for this?" checklist, but the most recently listed time (PACG: Skulls & Shackles) does not show up, though I have confirmed it is definitely in the trade.

Wait a litle bit- it doesn't show up until the next update...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Holmes
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha, thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Rage
United States
los angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pretty good list so far, maybe I will actually pref my high dollar entries??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Sonnenberg
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wren08 wrote:
Aerothorn wrote:

Wait a litle bit- it doesn't show up until the next update...

Also, before you click the link to the trade itself, there is a green "link" that says, "Don't see your items?"

When you click that (even though it might not look clickable), this text appears: "Note: items added to the geeklist(s) do not immediately show up in the OLWLG. The math trade organizer (or sometimes Jeff) needs to periodically resync the OLWLG to the geeklist to pick up additions (items and/or comments, etc)."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Sonnenberg
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this is old hat to you, but I found a way to quickly check if there are any comments on my MT items.

I've subscribed to each one as suggested, but it was always a pain trying to find if there were any comments.

So instead of trying to look through the MT GL itself, you can go to My Geek > Contributions (tab) > Geeklist Items (scroll down to find it).

If you don't have too many other GL items that you've created recently, your MT GL items should all be right there where you can check them for comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.