The Dark Sands» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two more questions for the designer / developer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J-F Pakula
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Am I wrong when I think that the Axis asset chits should be of the same color as the units they are placed on? For example, a "flak 88" (+2 /+4 DF) cannot be placed on two Italian infantry divisions, especially if the closest German units are a few hexes away! It seems me much more historical (cooperation between Italians and Germans was rather limited). Therefore, only mixed stacks of German and Italian piles could receive any available Asset chit (German or Italian).
Could you confirm, please?

2) isn't it less "gamey" to proceed with the Asset placement segment in a hidden mode, without information for the opponent (i.e. defender) of the assets which will be placed by the attacker? It allows the players to use feint or bluff-tactics in some key-combats.

Many thanks in advance for your answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Raicer
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
There is no rule restricting Axis assets, though generally assigning Flak to weak and slow Italian units is not making the best use of them. You could certainly justify a House rule if you wanted.

The current rules on asset placement are designed to make them as solo-friendly as possible, but in a 2-player game if you wanted to do blind placing I've no objection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.