Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Rydling
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I have a few questions on the Endurance Trait and how it relates to damage dealt from Judgment Sermons like Smite.

1) Endurance Trait states that the Enemy cannot take more than 3 damage per Hit. Sermons are not Attacks. So is damage from Smite not a Hit, therefore bypassing the Endurance Trait? Or in other words, if I roll 8+1 damage for my Smite, would that kill a Crimson Hand with 9 Health or deal only 3 damage?

2) If If Sermons are not Attacks, and damage from Smite is not a Hit, does that mean that the Preacher gets 0 XP from damaging and killing Enemies by using Sermons? I could see the logic behind that, but it would feel extremely unrewarding. Especially as the Preacher rarely gets to Activate in a fight, and the small amount of XP for healing and casting Sermons is nowhere near sufficient to keep up with the Heroes who clear out the rooms.

Thanks for any insights!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whether damage from sermons are considered hits isnt clear, but they do give xp for the inflicted wounds/healing.

A preacher gets a lot of xp; each sermon gives a basis xp reward
For succesful casting it, coupled with the xp from the wounds/healing others, And as such are xp monsters in general.
Not to mention, they have their normal attacks on top of their sermon casting ability for even more xp, if they get the opportunity to attack.

Most heroes only get xp from fights, while preachers have plenty of opportunity to cast spells outside combat and generate xp every turn.
The "intervention" blessing is particularly strong to generate xp; 50xp on each succesful cast and given nr of darkness/dread cards that can come into play there is plenty of opportunity to use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are exactly two situations in this game (so far) where the word "Hit" is intended to be taken in spirit, rather than at letter, and you have found them.

Long story short: both Endurance and XP-rules-for-large-enemies consider non-Hit sources of damage to be "Hits" for the purposes of what they do. Smite will be affected by Endurance, but it also gives you a normal amount of XP for hitting large Enemies. Consider each separate "source" of damage to be "1 Hit" for the purposes of these mechanics' interaction with non-Hit damage effects.

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Rydling
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for this clarification!

Thumb up