Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing this last night on tabletopia, I do not see how you can ever get enough brown cubes to pay for a level five conduit. I guess if you never use any brown cubes and then slowly buy them over rounds you could do it, but if that’s the only way I’m very very disappointed. Any help much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Bahr
Germany
Augsburg (near Munich)
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,
I played it on Tabletop Simulator.
There is an advanced technology tile which allows you to pay only 5 cubes for conduits that costs more than 5

BTW: I liked the game quite a bit (based on just one game though) and hope to play again soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jschlickbernd wrote:
After playing this last night on tabletopia, I do not see how you can ever get enough brown cubes to pay for a level five conduit. I guess if you never use any brown cubes and then slowly buy them over rounds you could do it, but if that’s the only way I’m very very disappointed. Any help much appreciated.

You start with 6. A level 5 Turbine needs 10. So, you need to buy 4 over the course of the game. The rules also note that you can get machines from some contracts and income. I haven't played, but that doesn't seem out of whack.

You do realize that you get the excavators back when they rotate around your wheel, right? So, you don't need to "not spend" them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boomtron wrote:
jschlickbernd wrote:

You start with 6. A level 5 Turbine needs 10. So, you need to buy 4 over the course of the game. The rules also note that you can get machines from some contracts and income. I haven't played, but that doesn't seem out of whack.

You do realize that you get the excavators back when they rotate around your wheel, right? So, you don't need to "not spend" them.

Ah, no I didn't see those. Yes I realize that you get the excavators back, but that can take again several rounds. You can basically only expect to be able to buy 4 over the course of the game so that means that assuming you are focusing on buying ONE conduit, you'd have to devote serious play to doing so. It doesn't seem worth doing. Of course once I actually get the game and can play several times perhaps things will change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to buying excavators, there are contracts that give them as bonuses, so it's possible to get more of them faster than is immediately obvious (though it will definitely be a chunky investment). You could get more than four if you have the need, too.

At least one of the factions (or CEOs?) has an additional option: to spend coins in place of resources (3:1, I think), which could make it possible to build a level 5 conduit as early as turn 1. This would almost certainly require sending your engineers to perform a bank heist.

With regards to the time it takes to get back 'used' resources, don't forget that there's action spots to spin the wheel additional times (as well as contracts that do the same). So it's not at all impossible to spend resources in the first round and get them back in the second. (Though again, you are likely to be spending a lot of your bandwidth to do so.)

Edit: I looked up the rules, and here are some options that could be used.

Solomon P. Jordan (Executive): pay 3 credits instead of one machine, usable multiple times.
Jill McDowell (Executive): Build conduits with 1 mixer per level (instead of 2 excavators per level).
Mahiro Sekiso: (Executive): Copy another executive's ability (one of the above).

Phase II construction tile that allows you to build a conduit for no more than 5 excavators.
Phase II construction tile that allows you to build any structure using a mixture of excavators and mixers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.