Popular Tags: [View All]
Pottsie
United States
Lorton
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has been added to the RGG section of BGN's Essen preview. In addition to several card pictures, there is a link to the English rules.

Just downloaded them. Can't wait to see what the game is all about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the rules are only available to those who are paid subscribers? I don't see a link on any of the public pages.

Edit: Happy now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

How about posting a link here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pottsie
United States
Lorton
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to be a paid member to access the Essen Preview, but hopefully this means they will be posted in an open access location soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Gotcha. I'll try to be patient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan L
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thdizzy wrote:

Gotcha. I'll try to be patient.

In case someone gets desperate, the French rules are available at Ystari's site.

http://www.ystari.com/RFTG/RFTGrules.pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jearles wrote:
Are the rules are only available to those who are paid subscribers?

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asa Swain
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's frustrating to look at the french rules, all the beautiful details and explanations, in a language that I can't understand.

I really hope that BGN releases the 3rd preview article and english rules soon. The suspense is killing me. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um.. ok. Would anybody like to give those of us without BGN accounts a review of these rules?

Reposting directly would be unethical, but a summery of the core game play process would be nice. I dislike San Juan, but really like the theme of this game. My biggest problem with San Juan is the fact that - though variable player powers can be developed through the acquisition of purple cards - you never really have much time to play with your infrastructure before the game is over. I want to know if their is more meat to this title.

ps: In defense of San Juan, I've only played PC ports against AI. Perhaps real opponents would have a different "flow"... I love Puerto Rico.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Um.. ok. Would anybody like to give those of us without BGN accounts a review of these rules?

Reposting directly would be unethical, but a summery of the core game play process would be nice. I dislike San Juan, but really like the theme of this game. My biggest problem with San Juan is the fact that - though variable player powers can be developed through the acquisition of purple cards - you never really have much time to play with your infrastructure before the game is over. I want to know if their is more meat to this title.

ps: In defense of San Juan, I've only played PC ports against AI. Perhaps real opponents would have a different "flow"... I love Puerto Rico.

Did Rio Grande take money for posting the rules on BGN? Did BGN translate the rules themselves? Did BGN meet in a smoke filled room and cut a deal to post the english rules in exchange for something? Is RG getting free advertising on BGN? Didn't RG say they were going to post their game rules on their new website which will be up any day now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
craniac wrote:
Didn't RG say they were going to post their game rules on their new website which will be up any day now?

I don't think RGG ever posts the rules on its website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I glanced over the French rules. My french isn't bad, but I already knew the rules and I don't see any obvious changes. Since I was waiting for something like this to appear before posting my review, I'll go ahead and post it.

http://gaming.powerblogs.com/posts/1181529338.shtml (I've submitted the review to BGG as well).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
craniac wrote:
Didn't RG say they were going to post their game rules on their new website which will be up any day now?

I don't think RGG ever posts the rules on its website.

I believe RGG had stated in the recent past that when the new website went online their rules would be posted online as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
FYI, the 3rd RFTG preview includes a public link to the English rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
FYI, the 3rd RFTG preview includes a public link to the English rules...

Apparently so.
http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.