Recommend
83 
 Thumb up
 Hide
520 Posts
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [21] | 

Gaia Project» Forums » General

Subject: Gaia Project Graphic Overhaul - Work In Progress rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Gaia [+] [View All]
Aaron Cotton
United States
Half Moon Bay
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Great news!


Feuerland-Spiele has responded to my email requesting cooperation! They are open to me selling this as long as I pay them royalties! I think this changes everything. I think at this point I should commission the race art and/or do it myself and do a kickstarter.

They said that the royalties will be based on the extent of my game extension.

Thank you everyone for your support. I'll be setting up a site and kickstarter soon but will be updating you all with the progress of the art on this thread!

Please private message me if you are interested in helping with translations or if you are a character artist. Thanks!!!


13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cotton
United States
Half Moon Bay
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
bope1 wrote:
where can i buy overlays for this?

I have made this compatible with existing overlays.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/630487055/acrylic-overlays-for-...

The kickstarter version will not require overlays as I'm intending it to be double layer like the Scythe boards.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
A couple of those look straight out of Stellaris
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cotton
United States
Half Moon Bay
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
bigmagicjerk wrote:
A couple of those look straight out of Stellaris

That's because they are, you can consider the character art placeholder for now
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cotton
United States
Half Moon Bay
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
REVISION 7 : Corrected spelling, new typeface for race, more transparency, more clarity in gaiformer section



I'm going to hold off on doing the rest of the boards since with the kickstarter we will be doing real illustrations for the races. I'm switching to the tech / scoring card.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Nice work! I look forward to seeing how your project progresses. I just wanted to share 1 thought as you go forward. If printing in multiple languages presents an issue for printing volume, what if the language portion was on a tile that would fit into your double-layer board?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam M
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Olagarro wrote:
Great news!


Feuerland-Spiele has responded to my email requesting cooperation! They are open to me selling this as long as I pay them royalties! I think this changes everything. I think at this point I should commission the race art and/or do it myself and do a kickstarter.

They said that the royalties will be based on the extent of my game extension.

Thank you everyone for your support. I'll be setting up a site and kickstarter soon but will be updating you all with the progress of the art on this thread!

Please private message me if you are interested in helping with translations or if you are a character artist. Thanks!!!



That’s fantastic!
Looking forward to updates....
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
the text "Ability" and "Planetary Institute" should either have another color or an underline
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Japan
Osaka-shi
Osaka-fu
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think it is better to change the arrow colors on the power areas.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the white irritated me a long time
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helge Ostertag
Germany
Hofheim
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like it!Great work.
Ivits aka The Swarm shouldn't have any costs for their P.I., because they start with it and therefor have nothing to pay.

I think the transparent background for orange factions should be more orange actually - in my perception it is too brownish.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice -- love the greater transparency and especially the removal of the outlines on the resource track.

Cool gaiaforming transdim!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Horologiom wrote:
Ivits aka The Swarm shouldn't have any costs for their P.I., because they start with it and therefor have nothing to pay.
Then we might also think about removing the "triangle" that describes the upgrade direction from a Trading Station to a Planetary Institute.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cotton
United States
Half Moon Bay
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
jalwaaa wrote:
the text "Ability" and "Planetary Institute" should either have another color or an underline

bokuteki wrote:
I think it is better to change the arrow colors on the power areas.


Jack Spirio wrote:
Yeah, the white irritated me a long time



7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That is near perfect, however could you cover the entire text with an underline and a bolder font
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cotton
United States
Half Moon Bay
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Horologiom wrote:
I really like it!Great work.
Ivits aka The Swarm shouldn't have any costs for their P.I., because they start with it and therefor have nothing to pay.

I think the transparent background for orange factions should be more orange actually - in my perception it is too brownish.

Thanks! Yeah I will need to set the transparency of each color individually to avoid this kind of thing.

Also, can't believe I missed that Ivits thing. I'll need to produce all 14 races and get them proofed. Soon!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cotton
United States
Half Moon Bay
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
jalwaaa wrote:
That is near perfect, however could you cover the entire text with an underline and a bolder font

Lets let a few others weigh in on this. I'm happy to make design changes for clarity as this is my first board game interface foray. However this seems like a bit more of a style choice.

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Olagarro wrote:
jalwaaa wrote:
That is near perfect, however could you cover the entire text with an underline and a bolder font

Lets let a few others weigh in on this. I'm happy to make design changes for clarity as this is my first board game interface foray. However this seems like a bit more of a style choice.

Thanks

Not style, but there has to be some difference between an header and the the ability text or else everything looks like 1 part
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cotton
United States
Half Moon Bay
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
jalwaaa wrote:
Olagarro wrote:
jalwaaa wrote:
That is near perfect, however could you cover the entire text with an underline and a bolder font

Lets let a few others weigh in on this. I'm happy to make design changes for clarity as this is my first board game interface foray. However this seems like a bit more of a style choice.

Thanks

Not style, but there has to be some difference between an header and the the ability text or else everything looks like 1 part

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Japan
Osaka-shi
Osaka-fu
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you for the immediate correction. But it's hard to see black arrows on black background.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the above, grey on black is not working, a bolder font similar to "Terrans" should differentiate better imho
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cotton
United States
Half Moon Bay
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That is perfect and so much better
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cotton
United States
Half Moon Bay
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
jalwaaa wrote:
That is perfect and so much better

OK, I'll let this one sit with the community for a bit and then work on producing all 14 boards with placeholder race pictures.

I can also release a "custom race" kit at that time so these guys making custom races for the game will have a template.

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Better and better! <3

I get that you are being bombarded by UX and UI suggestions, so please take this extra one with the lowest priority.



One thing that slightly annoys me in the iconography of the original graphic is that the "spend power" black icon is counterclockwise, while in the power area the movement of power tokens from Area III to Area I, and the corresponding black arrow there, are clockwise.

I see at least two possibilities:
- Change the iconography and put a black, clockwise arrow that goes from 2:00 to 6:00 in the "pay power" icons.
- Change the direction of the black arrow in the power area to counterclockwise.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [21] |