Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked the Mayfair website and the news page now says that Modern Art is shipping to distributers on June 21.

Just thought I'd let everyone know as I know that I'm not the only one waiting for this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:reprint coming!
jeff brown (#39489),
I just realized that someone else had already posted this, Oh well. Glad to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Benjamin
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
jeff brown (#39492),

Does anyone have any images of the new cards/board?
I'm really really stoked about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TrevorBenjamin (#40713),
I haven't seen any yet. Since its coming out next week presumably we should be able to see some images soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff brown (#40850),

There is a new image up on Mayfair Game's website, showing the back of the box. It *looks* like the money chips have changed (Phew!) to the HiG style of money, which hopefully means that people buying Modern Art soon (like, me, for instance) won't have to put little stickers on those crap plastic discs.

The card art appears unchanged (at least, I recognize at least one of the paintings from the old Mayfair edition), but that is really a secondary concern to the money as far as I'm concerned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain_Physics (#42698),

It also lists '6 auction house screens'. Presumably this means that the game will play with 6 players. Did the previous edition have 6?

Not that it really matters. You could play Modern Art with as many people as you wanted (in theory) and use extra money and pretty much anything to hide the money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain_Physics (#42699),
perhaps that's a misprint because the picture shows only 5 auction house screens. Can't say for sure though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Captain_Physics (#42699),

The previous Mayfair edition does have six screens: London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles, Boston, and Chicago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stokey Brown
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
Maschinen Plunger
mbmbmb
I just landed the new addition. It still has crappy plastic chips, but they are pre-printed with the amount on one side, so there are no stickers but they are still crappy. As far as the screens go, there are 5 normal ones (and the rules for the game still only accomodate 5 players). They include NY, Berlin, Bilbao, Paris and Tokyo. There is also a sixth screen that is blank on the front so you can "make your own". The box for the game is also the same size as Mayfair's other small box games, eg: Hellrail, Settlers card game, so I think they made the cards smaller to accommodate this, but I can't say b/c i've never seen the original. The card quality is moderate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
zurupeto (#43005),

The first North American edition's cards were 2.5 inches wide by 4 inches tall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stokey Brown
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
Maschinen Plunger
mbmbmb
The new cards are 3.5" by 2.25". When i saw pictures of Modern Art here on BGG, I always imagined that it had oversized cards that lent themeselves well to representing an actual painting, thus emboldening the theme. The new editions cards just remind me of cards (though it's entirely possible the old edition would have done the same for me).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.