Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone.

I am looking for a handful of very dedicated play testers for Clash 2nd Ed.

4-6 people who are willing to play a substantial (10+) number of games and give feedback from their sessions. I can offer a copy of the final product for your trouble and hopefully lots of fun and interesting discussions.

Obviously you need to have an open and constructive mind set.

Some of the testers must have the expansion, but a few don't have to.

Things you need to know:
- Facebook required (that is where discussions and reports will take place)
- You need to re-read the new rules which are very similar, but do have changes you need to pick up
- You must either print materials or refer to the PDF's I will provide.
- If you have the ability to make custom d10s, let me know (not required)

So, if you are interested let me know here along with any other information I need to know. I will contact a few of you.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
Definitely up for it. Don't have expansion, can print own materials, would be mainly 2-3 player sessions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zhonghao CHEN
China
flag msg tools
Totally up for it! Can print out any PNP materials. 1-4/5 sessions should not be a problem here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Collins
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested as well. I have the expansion. I should be able to print materials. I am not sure about a consistent play group but willing to play multiplayer single handed if it will be beneficial. If there is a possibility of solo play that needs play testing, that would be great. I do not have the ability to make custom d10s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norarat Pitisant
Thailand
flag msg tools
Hi, l really love the game vey much. It is one of my favorite games. I have been trying to get the expansion but it was pretty hard to find. I would love to be a play tester for the game. I play boardgames regularly,like 3-4 times a week. I would have no problem finding groups to playtest with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, does it sound like 2nd edition will include expansion out of the box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barney Hawes
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hi Christian,

I'm really keen to play test. I've got the base game and expansion (though the expansion is in French so I created reference sheets - see the Files on BGG). I've played CoC many times over the years. It's one of my top games - alongside Agricola - and I would like to see how it is going to evolve.

We have a consistent group of players and we can try different player counts.

I also have a 3D printer if there are new components!

Coincidentally, I've played a few games of Merchants and Marauders last weekend and it made me think I should get Clash back on the table. And then I saw your post...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McMillan
Scotland
Cupar
Fife
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Christian

Totally up for this. Best Civ game out there (and my favourite game evs!)

I would love to see this game coming back for another go. I have expansion and ability to print. Can’t do custom D10s though (although I see that’s not essential).

The only issue is player count. 2 and 3 will be fairly easy. 4 a bit more challenging. Any more could be problematic (manageable but much less frequent).

Let me know

James

Edit: I’m on Facebook
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D VEG
msg tools
I would love to help with playtesting. I do have the expansion, I have a facebook account, and would be willing to print my own materials. Excited to hear that a 2nd edition may be around the corner either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Antunes
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
Hey, mouseover!
badge
Hey, mouseover!
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested, have both game and expansion and willing to help on the new version!

Update: I also have a group of at least 4 people (and can find one or two more that plays weekly when possible - and at least 2 or 3 times per month), can print (cannot make custom D10, but can probably hack with printing also) and have Facebook.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Barber
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Extremely interest to play-test this indeed, this is by far my favorite game, and in fact I did contemplate reaching out for you as it was clear you could be nearing that stage !

I suppose I'll have to provide "friends" to play this myself, is there any restriction to that? i.e. how public a place you're happy for us to play this? (*)
I see several people from the UK replying, if you're in/near London am happy to teamup!

Thanks for reaching out Cristian

* - am asking because It will be mainly 2P sessions if I don't go out to meeting groups etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siu Kee Lee
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Christian,

Thanks for the exciting news and the opportunity. This is my gaming group's favourite Civ game, and we would love to be a part of it.

My gaming group usually meet around 2 or 3 times a month, with 4-5 people. We probably can make 6p happen. Do have expansion, okay to print PDF but unable to make dice (but we do have standard d10s).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Christian,

Great to hear things are moving forward with a new edition. I still have the base game, expansion,and promo. Plenty of opportunities to test with different groups. Let me know if I can help.

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be able to get the plays in. "Open Minded" will be the hardest part for my playgroup, but I should be able to prune to the few good testers. I myself have levelled up since the last rounds of testing, and hope I could offer better insights.

I can also do custom D10s, be it 3D printed or stickers on dice. I can't design 3D yet, just have a printer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Unfortunately i cannot playtest.

I remember writing in a thread at the end of 2012, from a computer lab at my (then) college, that i was supposed to be studying but i was instead reading about your amazing game and it would be your fault if i flunked out. I then bought the game in early 2013 and thought it was perfect as-is. You then mentioned the expansion which i was irritated about because you had said earlier that you tried to make a perfect game that didnt require expansions and i thought you had succeeded. Nonetheless, the expansion came out and i bought it almost immediately. Unfortunately, i didnt have the group by that point that i had at the base release, so it's only come out a couple times.

So once again, on (increasingly less credible) principle, i will state that i am sure it will be great but what i have now needs no improvement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wiviott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not able to playtest. But I do want to express my support and excitement. Both of your games are among my top 5. Also, mini tech had come a long way since CoC was published. With a great artist and 3D sculptor on this project, the results could be stunning. We already know the gameplay underneath, but an updated presentation could make this a must-have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on the timeline, I'd definitely be interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Definitely interested. Mainly 2-4 players sessions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested in this! I have the base game and expansion and can print new materials. I can probably get blank dice and draw in symbols.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe Thorsen
Denmark
Odense
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m a bit hard pressed with large print jobs, but maybe we can figure something out locally (very locally it seems).

10+ plays will take a while though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raul Chavez
Mexico
Cuauhtémoc
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Christian. Since I returned to the board game scene a couple + of years ago, Clash of Cultures has been on the top of my wishlist, but haven’t pulled the trigger because the expansion is nearly impossible to get... having said that, I play with the wife every weekend all sorts of games (you can see our collection), and we’d love to offer ourselves as a consistent two players fresh eyes source that is able to play every weekend.

We can grab a copy of the Z-Man version right away (it might take a few days to arrive) and print materials.

Can’t make D-10s though, sorry! But I can proxy some if required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik Pietrzak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Christian!

CoC is my favourite 4x game! I have a strong group in Warsaw (Poland) - we would be very happy to leave a fingerprint on this project. I dont't belive in luck but I'm going to ask my friends to keep fingers for you to choose me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Papas Papbar
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IvanHo wrote:
I’m a bit hard pressed with large print jobs, but maybe we can figure something out locally (very locally it seems).

10+ plays will take a while though.

What Uffe said

If you need any help from us, we would love to support a local designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KusHniR
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can print, also I can play with all player counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paris Frantzolakis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Christian!!! I am a big fan of the game....Its the best civ out there!!! I really like to playtest the new edition... I am living in Greece though... I hope rhis wont be a problem .. I have over 70-80 sessions with 1st edition (+expansion) and i think i can help!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.