United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
And thinks that it is too small.

What does FFG have against average sized tables?

They must make tables freakin' huge up in the land of ice and snow.

I'd hate to see what they'd do to a card table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob "Bodhi" Wolff
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Y'know, we never seem to have trouble with this.

Then again, we play on a 4'x8' pool table, converted with inserts.

Think that might have something to do with it?

In a few years, when the latest FFG games overruns our gaming table, we'll know that they've truly gone off the deep end!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG could make a lot of money if they sold tables too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Fade
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
With just a few wooden beams and nails, most FFG games can be converted easily INTO tables. C'mon, everyone knows this. I eat off of Middle Earth every night. Azeroth makes a good diaper-changing table for the little one.

I'll post a DIY thread soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EAGLE games is just as guilty (Railroad Tycoon, Conquest of the Empire, etc). We often just play on the floor, or kick the rest of the family out of the dining room/kitchen and grab the extra table leaves!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't matter if the game could easily fit in a board half the size. The equation always is:

Huge board = more attractive = more sales

Who cares if customers don't own huge tables?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friends have "table envy." Not only can my table handle RRT easily, it's also collapsible and has a handle. Not to mention lightweight.
I take it with me when playing at others' houses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I guess not *everything* is big in Texas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin Wilson's joke is that with every Arkham Horror expansion, you're just that much closer to playing on the floor.

...or is it a joke?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
Walt Disney once called rides like "it's a Small World" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" "People Eaters" because they could handle a lot of park visitors in short order.

I now dub these games "Table Haters".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patricia Fedak
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my dining room table specifically with FFG in mind. Found a great priced expanding one a ikea. I'm able to fit World of Warcraft and all the expansions on my table (fully expanded). I even have a couple of computer chairs around the table for when we're playing games that take up the entire thing that way we can just slide back in forth from board to board.

But I am in a very icy snowy area and that very well could explain it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:
Walt Disney once called rides like "it's a Small World" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" "People Eaters" because they could handle a lot of park visitors in short order.

I don't think that's the ONLY reason that "It's a Small World" is called that. I swear, that ride must be somehow connected to R'lyah (is that how it's spelled?), as you never come out with the same level of sanity that you go in with.

Perhaps Disney was a Cthulhu cultist, and It's a Small World was just the beginning of his plan to feed unwitting souls to the Elder Gods?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About ten years ago, I purchased three 2' x 4' wooden tables that I could confiure as I wished to support one large or several small games at once. It shouldn't cost folks much to buy 3 or 4 2'x4' folding tables that they can store away when not in use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob "Bodhi" Wolff
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When my wife and I first moved from Canada to L.A. about ten years ago, we needed a new gaming table, but one which we could store in a small apartment with ease.

We picked up two Ikea plain wooden trestles and a 4'x6' piece of MDF hardwood from Home depot. Then we covered the MDF with some black rubber-backed padded auto upholstery that she found for super-cheap in the fashion district in some discount fabric place. Total cost, around 40 bucks and an afternoon's work. It folds down and stores against the wall.

Even though it is now our secondary table (it is 4'x6', and our pool table is slightly more than 4'x8'), we still get comments on what a great gaming table it is. There is something about the lined black auto upholstery that gives it that extra zing, and makes it just seem like a gaming table.

Plus it is great for miniatures gaming.

If anybody is looking for a gaming-related project, look at some auto upholstery fabrics at a discount store. Pick up some glue and a staple-gun, a piece of MDF, some trestles, and go to town!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thjodbjorn K.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only FFG game I play is Through the Desert, which fits nicely on most tables.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schuth
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, where'd you get your lightweight, collapsing table with a handle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trencher for Life
United States
Slidell
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:
And thinks that it is too small.

What does FFG have against average sized tables?

They must make tables freakin' huge up in the land of ice and snow.

I'd hate to see what they'd do to a card table.

That's why I created my 4x8 table.

No, not really. I initially made it for WH40k, but it easily accepts those big ass board board games, too. And, it also makes a great RPG table as well.

I just have to sand down the top and cover it with felt or something to keep people from getting splinters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.