Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Physical or the app? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wondering if I should save the money and just get the app instead of the actual game? Anyone play them both... how’s app compare to the board game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevinmoore wrote:
Wondering if I should save the money and just get the app instead of the actual game? Anyone play them both... how’s app compare to the board game?

They are two very different games.

The App is fairly fun as a lite digital RPG/ puzzle board game, but does not, in any way, replace the physical game in my opinion. It's pretty well designed for what it is, but it's going to railroad the story for you and often limit your options.

The physical game, is more fun with at least 2-3 players, but can bog down with 5-6, and, while technically soloable, gets a little samey without other players to riff off of.

------

I like getting a few other folks together to play the table top game(s) (I like both of the current settings and am looking forward to the third), and would not be willing to trade that social experience for the digital game. However, the App is pretty good solo when I want to waste 30 or so minutes.

But yeah, they are just different. The App is faster and easier to pick up and put down, but the flexibility of the table top game and the social elements make it superior in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quentin Frost
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get the real game. And we've Had a blast with 8 players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Do you have a group you can play with?

Yes
Then buy the physical game its a terrific light tactical & social game!

No
Buy the Digital Game, it's designed more for solo play and offers different types of challenges but similar flavor to the tsble-top game.

Sometimes
Buy them both. For when you have the itch but no-one to play with.

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bos
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would suggest the physical game.. even if you play without a group. I play solo most times, with a very rare 2 player and an even more rare 3 play game. Board games are just better when you can see and feel the pieces being moved around the board. Besides, you can make your own scenarios if you like.

The best bonus of getting the physical game.... you can "unplug" for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.