Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Buel
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
May you upgrade a hamlet straight to a city? That is, assuming you had four blue cards.

Or would you instead have to upgrade it to a town and then to a city in two steps?

There's a big difference between the two because of the Rule of Heirarchy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kröhnert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can upgrade two steps in one, assuming that you have enough cards. This possibility is covered clearly in the (German) rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
That's also a difference between 1st and 2nd ed. rules, then. In the fist edition, it didn't use to be possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Buel
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's really important, because in a domain with a keep and a bunch of watchtowers, you can upgrade your watchtower into a castle. If you had to do it in two steps, you'd have to eliminate the keep first somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Exactly. Are you sure that this is the correct new rule, Michael? Or is there a check 'in between'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kröhnert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even in the old rules (German and English) never was stated that you couldn't do so (or did I miss something?):
Quote:
Old 1st ed. Khronos: A player uses Construction Cards to upgrade a Religious or Military building that they control or any Civil building on the Age of Might of Faith game boards.
The number of cards necessary for the expansion is the difference in the cost of the original building and the newer version.

Edit: The example in the 1st ed. rulebook under "rule of hierarchy" makes it clear in my opinion:
Quote:
The biggest Military building in this domain is the Red player’s Keep. It is possible to add a Watch Tower to this domain or a Castle, but not another Keep...

In the new German rules it is expressively said that upgrading is possible fom the smallest to the largest building size in one step.

Keep in mind that it is also possible to build larger buildings right from the start without building their smaller versions first (always assuming you have enough cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Ach so... My apologies, the error is all mine :oops:. My memory failed in this case: it was never allowed to build the largest building in 2 steps to pocket as much money from it as possible. I got those two mixed up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark sellmeyer
United States
st louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
though you do need to have both of your agents in that time period to play all 4 cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kröhnert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course. That was not in question.

(Not necessarily 4 cards - a watchtower can be upgraded to a castle with three cards.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.