Marcus Ervin
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules packet for the Undead Outlaws, it is noted that Items and Abilites that are Once per Turn may be used each time the Hero has a Face Off with the Gunslinger.

I realize it is usually a dangerous thing to read more into rules that what is actually printed, but does this imply that once all of the heroes have had a Face Off with the Gunslinger a game turn has been completed?

If so, does a Hold Back the Darkness roll need to be made each time this occurs?

Thank you for your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the card reads something like, "The lights dim and time slows down..."

The posse and the undead gunslinger may take "turns" shooting at each other (remember to use the hero's initiative value), but it all takes place in one turn. This means there are no Hold Back the Darkness rolls, nor is there recovery of Grit, or refreshing of Once Per Turn abilities. If the ability wasn't exhausted already, you may be able to use it once during the Undead Gunslinger challenge and that's it. It depends upon the wording. For example, there's no "movement" during the challenge so if the ability read "Move and do X" you couldn't use the ability.

I'm afraid I don't own the game, so that's the best I can provide you from actual gameplay experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
badge
Never fear, Doc Savage is here!!
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnoir wrote:
In the rules packet for the Undead Outlaws, it is noted that Items and Abilites that are Once per Turn may be used each time the Hero has a Face Off with the Gunslinger.

I realize it is usually a dangerous thing to read more into rules that what is actually printed, but does this imply that once all of the heroes have had a Face Off with the Gunslinger a game turn has been completed?

If so, does a Hold Back the Darkness roll need to be made each time this occurs?

Thank you for your time.

No, you don't roll for holding back the darkness until the confrontation is over (either he wins or you do). doing this would or could lead to odd situations and theorhetically it's the beginning of a new turn, so you could just hoof it in your movement phase, which I believe is stipulated you can't (lights go down, time slows down etc etc). Personally, I despise this confrontation, it completely breaks the contiuity and pace. I removed the cards from my deck, he only appears now with his gang in a normal threat situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls