Subject: Mysterious thread behavior: all posts gone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody have any idea what happened to this thread? It hasn't been deleted, but all the posts in it are gone. I've never seen anything like it.

[thread=2200317][/thread]

(I know this isn't technically a complaint right now, but depending on the answer to the question, it will likely become one )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Could have been Spam?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LudesFactor wrote:

Could have been Spam?

Not spam, I was participating in it. And even if it were, SOP is to delete the thread, not all the individual posts.

It was up over a page, now it has “-1” posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The theme of that board game has been known to lead to hallucinations...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A thread with -1 posts!

Pete (bets some mathematician somewhere would be greatly excited by this sort of thing)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
Spooky!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the OP deleted his account, and all the posts had quotes from him, would that explain it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
Westie wrote:
If the OP deleted his account, and all the posts had quotes from him, would that explain it?

Hmm, no. He didn't, they didn't, and it wouldn't.

Quotes aren't internally linked in BGG posts. They just get a little formatting and aren't affected when the original text/post changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
This thread sounds more like a candidate for the Bugs forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
(I know this isn't technically a complaint right now, but depending on the answer to the question, it will likely become one )
So if you're just looking for information, clearly this is better fitted to the bugs forum.

If you're looking to complain... well, what's the complaint? That there shouldn't be buggy behavior? I mean, we all agree on that. Even the guy who's tasked with designing and fixing the site will agree with you.

None of us want the site to function incorrectly. There's not really a reason to complain about that. Nobody meant for it to happen and nobody wants it to continue or reoccur. It's an aberration.

Complain about something that was intentional or something that isn't likely to change. Maybe if this was an ongoing issue you could complain about it... but a one-off instance? Seems silly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
grant5 wrote:
So if you're just looking for information, clearly this is better fitted to the bugs forum.

If you're looking to complain... well, what's the complaint? That there shouldn't be buggy behavior? I mean, we all agree on that. Even the guy who's tasked with designing and fixing the site will agree with you.

None of us want the site to function incorrectly. There's not really a reason to complain about that. Nobody meant for it to happen and nobody wants it to continue or reoccur. It's an aberration.

Complain about something that was intentional or something that isn't likely to change. Maybe if this was an ongoing issue you could complain about it... but a one-off instance? Seems silly.

I feel relatively confident that, based on the nature of the conversation in that thread, this isn't a bug. I'm hoping Octavian weighs in on it, and then I can complain about it. This was a preemptive thread.

But thanks for explaining to me how the complaints forum should work, I'm pretty new hear ya know. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
The user who created the thread has a lengthy history of posting in a highly antagonistic/inflammatory way.

This thread came immediately after a final warning that continued antagonistic posting will result in a permanent suspension.

I opted to delete the last "jab" rather than giving the satisfaction of seeing it continue.

The vestigial subject line is a bug - probably related to some connectivity issues the site was experiencing around the same time. I've removed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what was the game in question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
So what was the game in question?

As the OP's screenshot shows, it was Dopeman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
The user who created the thread has a lengthy history of posting in a highly antagonistic/inflammatory way.

This thread came immediately after a final warning that continued antagonistic posting will result in a permanent suspension.

I opted to delete the last "jab" rather than giving the satisfaction of seeing it continue.

The vestigial subject line is a bug - probably related to some connectivity issues the site was experiencing around the same time. I've removed it.

Ok, so combo of intentional deletion with bug.

I'd like to complain that now I'll never know if a vet using marijuana to treat PTSD but also enjoying being high is objectively evil or not. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.