Hellboy: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fifth minion type activation order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lion Noir
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sry got some more questions

do frog swarm/evil birds count as ennemy for downgrading dice when making an examine action?

If I add a fifth minion type due to explore cards like a witch does it activate in the ''e'' slot in minion activation order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
1)
Malefacus wrote:
do frog swarm/evil birds count as ennemy for downgrading dice when making an examine action?

These do not count as enemies, but downgrade all tests in the same area.
rules page 24 wrote:
Important: When an Agent makes a test, they
receive a downgrade for each frog swarm in their
area.

FAQ wrote:
So, if a rule targets “all Enemies in an area”, it hits all Minions and Bosses

2)
Malefacus wrote:
If I add a fifth minion type due to explore cards like a witch does it activate in the ''e'' slot in minion activation order?

Yes.
rules wrote:
All of the Minions from the card in slot A are activated
first, then slot B, and so on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lion Noir
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you, the rule for examine action says to downgrade a die for each ennemy in a room. So if there is a frog swarm in the same room but NOT in the same area as me when I take a examine action does the frog swarm count as an ennemy and downgade one of my die because of examine rules?

About more then 4 minion type order of activation, I couldn't find anything clear on this. The game sometimes make you place new minon type that ar NOT in the case file setup directives. I guess it's even possible to have a 5th and a 6th minion type on the board. When it's the ennemy phase and it's time to activate minions the rules says to activate A, then B then C then D. But there is no rules of more minion types.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
Malefacus wrote:
Thank you, the rule for examine action says to downgrade a die for each ennemy in a room. So if there is a frog swarm in the same room but NOT in the same area as me when I take a examine action does the frog swarm count as an ennemy and downgade one of my die because of examine rules?

Nope. As Carsten said, there are not enemy. So the "enemy in the room" rule doesn't apply.

Malefacus wrote:
About more then 4 minion type order of activation, I couldn't find anything clear on this. The game sometimes make you place new minon type that ar NOT in the case file setup directives. I guess it's even possible to have a 5th and a 6th minion type on the board. When it's the ennemy phase and it's time to activate minions the rules says to activate A, then B then C then D. But there is no rules of more minion types.

Rulebook p14 wrote:
All of the Minions from the card in slot A are activated first, then slot B, and so on.

The rules doesn't specify to stop at the fourth minion. Keep activating them from left to right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lion Noir
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you! We'll play it like this. Examine actions just got a little bit easier!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.