Subject: Slayed by Coordinated Defenses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rufus
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I came into contact with this card for the first time today after playing 15-18 sessions of SRCF. I was showing my brothers SRCF for the first time and we actually came out of our session winning 2/3 games, which was awesome. The game we lost was due to a high crossfire level of 7 and the drawing of a 5+ effect “Coordinated defenses” CF card. At that point in the game we were having trouble getting all the colors we needed, and then flipped CD which just absolutely destroyed us.

Coordinated Defenses reads -
When a runner clears the last level of an obstacle, that obstacle isnt defeated. When the last level on all obstacles facing a runner are cleared then all those obstacles are defeated.

5+: instead when the last levels on all obstacles are cleared, then all those obstacles are defeated.

The 5+ effect totally owned us by hitting us with a ton of damage we couldn’t afford to take. We were able to "take out” 2/5 obstacles in one round. Obviously they didn't actually die due to CD. All three of us went staggered in one turn and couldn’t recover. My brothers were dumb-founded by the brutality and we all just laughed hysterically at how insane it was, then talked about what we could've done to win.

Even though we lost, it was a hard fought and fun battle. It was really cool getting to introduce the game to my brothers who really liked it and were sucked in by SRCF’s puzzly nature. The truth is, The game can be tough but the taste of victory wouldn't be as sweet without a bitter loss once in a while. I'm really excited to keep playing and building our characters together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls