6 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Preacher new Sermons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dawid WAsielewski
msg tools
Hey !

Do preachers get to choose new sermons on lvling up ? Or should i rather pick one randomly (or like the starting one pick two ad select one ) ?

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Willy's Taxidermy
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Stuffing Beavers for Over Thirty Years
mbmbmbmbmb
The upgrade tree will tell you when to pick a new sermon.

- John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned, the some level-ups let you pick new sermons. It will say "Judgement" or "Blessing" if you get to pick a new one, and you always do the "draw two pick one" thing.

This should be explained in the Swamps of Death Adventure Book. In addition to the two standard character class pages (with the level up roll chart and upgrade tree), there's an extra page of Preacher/Sermon rules. I think it's just before all the character class pages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawid WAsielewski
msg tools
Thank you for the answeres. I do know which Type of sermosn and when i takie them. My question is do i get to chose a card or should i pick random blessing/judgment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever you get to learn a new sermon, you always draw two of the chosen type (so 2 Judgments or 2 Blessings) and choose one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juan carlos vazquez rojas
msg tools
I've been playing with a 6 player posse for quite a while, our priest always does the "pick 2 sermons and choose 1" before the start of the game, he has access to 2 blessings and 1 judgement thanks to leveling up, thematically it makes sense, the preacher reads a different passage from his bible so the sermons change everyday, mechanically we don't have any Issue with it since being stuck with the same sermons for the whole life of the character sucks and having different random sermons doesnt feel unbalanced in the slightest (in fact most balancing issues come from my gunslinger dual criting freezing every threatening monster)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls