Janet Tanker
Portugal
Costa da Caparica
Setúbal
flag msg tools
hello all

I watched some walkthrough videos for the very first trial run case and for the first cards it seems the furniture gets placed initially outside of a frog minion spawn,
so in a room with two areas according to the card 1st and 2nd in the first (left) area and 3th and 4th in the second (right) area. Practically speaking in the first run 2 agents will most likely kill the first and second card spawns in a couple of actions and the furniture will not act for your or their benefit unless you stop there.

If the card placements translated into first area 1th and 3th, second area 2th and 4th I guess the furniture would be placed right in the frog minion space making it harder to kill him in that turn.

- Is it really like this or wasnt the trial case suppose to also show how the furniture modifier acts ?

- Are there other exceptions for placing card contents into rooms with 4 areas other than what is stated in the case files ?

- Where Im going with this is seems to me that furniture spawning in the same spot as a minion will always work to him having advantage in the first agent turn if he choose to hit, but placing it on empty spot will most surely will always work to the agents advantage - they know its there but the minions do not / don´t react to it being there ex and stop there).
Maybe Im missing something what do you think ?

One other question please, the doom track advances when you flip a doom card at the end of the turn and it tells you to, and when you have 2 frog swarms on the board (not 1, and I suppose 3 would count as 2). Any other situation where the doom track might advance ?

thks guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
badge
Never fear, Doc Savage is here!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tutorial is there just to show you the ropes.

Furniature only makes it more difficult for a ranged attack as scenery takes damage first, it's useful also for agents that can hurl enemies into another area as the hurled enemy will take damage equal to the furniatures value, added to this, you don't count resilience.

Placement varies throughout the case and encounter cards for two and four areas.

The last point is correct, you only advance doom when a card tells you and once for each two frog spawns. So yes, if you had three on the board, you'd only advance it once.

I'm assuming you have the retail version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JanetTheTanker wrote:

One other question please, the doom track advances when you flip a doom card at the end of the turn and it tells you to, and when you have 2 frog swarms on the board (not 1, and I suppose 3 would count as 2). Any other situation where the doom track might advance ?

thks guys

The doom track also increases when you Take Time (use the Rest Phase).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarimrune wrote:
JanetTheTanker wrote:

thks guys

The doom track also increases when you Take Time (use the Rest Phase).

Indeed, I should have finished my edit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janet Tanker
Portugal
Costa da Caparica
Setúbal
flag msg tools
Thks Bern
In fact just got the agent pledge.

Still undecided on other expansions / bfoe /wh as I'm still having the hang of the gameplay.
Whatever happens in the middle of a scenario when bosses arrive it becomes really brutal and a bit frustrating at times but I guess that's a part of it!
Just watched guerilla miniature games walk-through and I found it the most elucidating so far (faster=better) so a shout to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JanetTheTanker wrote:
Thks Bern
In fact just got the agent pledge.

Still undecided on other expansions / bfoe /wh as I'm still having the hang of the gameplay.
Whatever happens in the middle of a scenario when bosses arrive it becomes really brutal and a bit frustrating at times but I guess that's a part of it!
Just watched guerilla miniature games walk-through and I found it the most elucidating so far (faster=better) so a shout to them.

Np, happy to help.

I think with the agent pledge there's additional doom cards isn't there? They allow you to adjust the difficulty of the doom deck. Some have a green circle others have a red circle. Green ones allow more of an adventure rather than a race against time.
There's so much stuff to sort through. You could also try adjusting the Boss, then concentrate just on the rules. In the files section there's a download called Hellboy Player Aid, it's a really good document and condenses the rules nicely into 4 pages.
I also agree that this game is very tactical, some agents work better together than others. If you're playing solo two player, Liz and Abe work really well together as they are both ranged agents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.