Janet Tanker
Portugal
Costa da Caparica
Setúbal
flag msg tools
Hello

From reading the manual I couldn´t figure out (sorry) how you can buy or access alternate or more powerful requisited equipment.

- Do you just pick it up respecting the icons and that´s it ?

- If it is I guess there´s some logic because there´s no upgrade path between cases, correct ?

thks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
badge
Never fear, Doc Savage is here!!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a card in the Doom deck that can get you extra equiptment, and Hellboy's Deep Pockets. Otherwise I think that's about it. Use wisely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Are you asking how you get credits to get requisition items?

I just got the game so I’m trying to figure it out but on P29 (game setup) you get a budget of credits that you can use to buy the requisition cards.

Or are you asking whether, during a scenario, you gain more requisition items?

Or are you asking, in a higher player count, you get less of a credit budget and therefore, you cannot buy the 3 point requisition items (in which case, the answer would seem to be that those are requisition items meant for a smaller player count).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarimrune wrote:

Or are you asking, in a higher player count, you get less of a credit budget and therefore, you cannot buy the 3 point requisition items (in which case, the answer would seem to be that those are requisition items meant for a smaller player count).

This isn't correct, the team be it 2,3 or 4 agents gets a spend budget. I believe this can be divided as the team wishes. So in a 4 player game you could give the whole spend budget (6) to one agent.

From the Rule Book :

Players are encouraged to discuss their loadout with their teammates. They are free to share their credits, and spend any credits in the middle of the playing area, however they wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bern1106 wrote:
Sarimrune wrote:

This isn't correct, the team be it 2,3 or 4 agents gets a spend budget. I believe this can be divided as the team wishes. So in a 4 player game you could give the whole spend budget (6) to one agent.

From the Rule Book :

Players are encouraged to discuss their loadout with their teammates. They are free to share their credits, and spend any credits in the middle of the playing area, however they wish.

That contradicts what the previous paragraph:
Share the credits out as evenly as possible between the players, putting any remainder in the middle of the playing area.

In their 3 player example they go on to state: each player gets two credits with one left in the middle playing area.

It seems silly to put in a ‘restriction’ only to later clarify it as more of a suggestion (since as you pointed out, you can share credits). Maybe this was put in for groups who do not ‘co-op’ very well and/or to avoid alpha player problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janet Tanker
Portugal
Costa da Caparica
Setúbal
flag msg tools
I have not opened the bprd files so I have no idea how req upgrades or credits will work, maybe same way?
Regardless the dice rolling I find the game quite strategic, but opposite the rule book too loose (for a strategic game).
Although there is a (growing) errata which I thank Needy mouse for, maybe about time to think of a pdf rule book v2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
badge
I have Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rather than a 2.0 rulebook, should actually be corrected cards for Wave 2... but I’m not holding my breath waiting for Mantic to respond
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarimrune wrote:
bern1106 wrote:
Sarimrune wrote:

From the Rule Book :

That contradicts what the previous paragraph:
Share the credits out as evenly as possible between the players, putting any remainder in the middle of the playing area.

In their 3 player example they go on to state: each player gets two credits with one left in the middle playing area.

It seems silly to put in a ‘restriction’ only to later clarify it as more of a suggestion (since as you pointed out, you can share credits). Maybe this was put in for groups who do not ‘co-op’ very well and/or to avoid alpha player problems.

Agree entirely with you, it's misleading. A rules revision would be a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.