1 Posts

Disney Princess Enchanted Dream Ball» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Who Wants To Be A Princess? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Maracle
flag msg tools
OverText is such a 23rd centruy fad.
There were a lot of things I couldn’t picture myself doing before I had children. I never pictured myself changing a diaper. I never pictured myself packing lunch for a child’s first day of school. I never imagined I would be hunting around a toy store for the hottest doll of the season.

I also never pictured myself wearing a tiara and pretending I was a princess.

That all changed when my daughters received Disney Princess Enchanted Dream Ball.

Initial Thoughts

Disney Princess Enchanted Dream Ball is a memory game driven by a dice mechanism. The added attraction is you get to wear a tiara with a jewel representing your favorite princess.

It is very cool if you are under 10 years of age. Not so if you’re a 35+ male with stubble.

Object Of The Game

Be the first player to collect all five ball items and hold Tinkerbell’s wand to win the game!

The box has a large and flimsy plastic tray to hold most of the components. Inside, you get 30 tokens (5 Ball items, one for each of the 6 princesses), a Tinkerbell wand, four tiaras, six princess gems (to snap into your tiara), a die and a gameboard.

I have an issue with only being given 4 tiaras but 6 princess gems. The game can easily support six players and the pacing would not slow down from what I can tell, but the manufacturer decided to only include 4 tiaras.

Once every player has selected a princess gem, snapped it into their tiara and placed it on their head, the youngest player can go first.

On a players’s turn, they first roll the dice. If the dice shows a ball item, the player turns over one token matching the ball item shown on the die. If the princess picture matches their chosen princess, they can take the token and place it in their “home” area. If it does not, the token is left face up and the player’s turn is over.

If the player rolls a Tinkerbell face, she can take the wand (if she does not all ready possess it). If she does possess it, the player can turn over a Tinkerbell card. Most of the cards tell the player to flip over a specific group of ball item token until they find the one matching their princess. There are also a few cards they tell a player to put a token back.

Once a player collects all the ball items and possess the Tinkerbell wand, they win the game.

Strategy v.s. Luck Factor

There is no real strategy to this game. You are at the mercy of the die and if you cannot roll the ball item you need, you could fall behind quickly.

Closing Thoughts

Little girls will love wearing the tiaras and holding the Tinkerbell wand. Some dads may enjoy it as well right up until the moment your wife pulls out the camera and you are a star on her Facebook page.

I am going to recommend this one because there are worst memory games out there. This one isn’t bad and its theme makes it stand out among a crowd of competitors.

Plus, it’s Disney. What little girl doesn’t love pretending to be Belle or Ariel?

Recommendation Summary

Wyll's Recommendation: thumbsup

Fun Factor (5 Point Scale): 3

One Line Summary: A memory game with wearable tiaras and a Disney theme suitable for children ages 4 and up.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.