Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Moore
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter
badge
Does (Top Promoter) subliminal (Top Promoter) advertising (Top Promoter) really (Top Promoter) work?
mbmbmbmbmb
The original appeal of the Fluxx games was the sheer lunacy of the game; the ever-changing rules (which I know some people hate) and the unpredictability of the end of the game. For those that love the original as I do, I am happy to say that Zombie Fluxx maintains that wonderful feel, while adding another whole layer to the game.

I will assume those that proceed to read have played basic Fluxx or a version of Fluxx before.

The new addition is the Creepers. When you draw a creeper, you place it in front of you and draw a card to replace it from the deck. If you draw another creeper, that goes in front of you as well and you draw to replace that one. In this way, if you are drawing 5 cards due to a Draw 5 rule, you could draw many more than 5 cards before you have 5 that make it into your hand.

Creepers have 1 to 4 zombies on them and their behaviors are different for each type. The number of zombies can also play a part in different goals and event scenarios.

The Creepers serve a variety of uses, mostly around the new goals that are in the game. Some of the goals require you to have a creeper in front of you, others require you to have none. There is even an Ungoal that enables a zombie victory.

To help you along the way, Looney Labs has given you new tools with which to fight. New events, rules and keepers that, on your turn, may be used to remove the zombies from in front of you, pass them on to someone else, or even make them friendly. Be careful though, killing a zombie does not always have the result you may initially expect. In fact, if you kill the Quartet of Zombies, it is placed on top of the draw deck, not the discard pile!

All in all, this is yet another great Fluxx game. It is still fast, smooth, and unpredictable. It elicited many many laughs (If you don't laugh at the Zombie Baseball Team goal, you might be a zombie) in our first play and never got bogged down even with the additional types of cards. I highly recommend this if you enjoy the Fluxx family of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lindsey
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
We played several games yesterday. I love Fluxx and EcoFluxx, but Zombie Fluxx is by far my favorite. As stated above, it has the same smooth play and fun, but adds a tremendous amount of zombie laughs. Everyone should own a copy.arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
feydjm wrote:
The new addition is the Creepers.

No, the new addition is "Ungoals". The first Creeper was "Radioactive Potato". But, no matter, both (especially Ungoals) make the game more of what it has always been—the best simulation of life available in a game:

Aldaron* wrote:
Fluxx is really a simulation of life. The goals change constantly and seemingly at random, but often under the control of other players, and sometimes under your control. The means to achieve those goals are distributed randomly and totally unfairly. The rules for achieving those goals change constantly and without any rational. The pace goes from being impossibly slow, to too fast to keep up. Sometimes, everybody just gives up. Mostly the game just ends suddenly with the last person you'd expect as the winner. And in the end, the best way to win is to set a goal that matches what you have, rather than the other way around.

* http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/18928
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldaron wrote:
feydjm wrote:
The new addition is the Creepers.

No, the new addition is "Ungoals". The first Creeper was "Radioactive Potato".

Well, that's not precisely true, either. The first Creepers were the Zombies in Andy Looney's prototype decks for Zombie Fluxx. Then the Radioactive Potato was developed and released as part of the Party Pack. Then Zombie Fluxx development was completed and it was released. Because it had a longer development cycle, Zombie Fluxx was both before and after the Radioactive Potato.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.