Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Yager
United States
Unspecified
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it looks like there used to be auctions using GeekGold, per the site wiki, but what I found here (https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/BGG_Auctions#) says that it stopped in 2016 and something is coming 'soon.' I have a hunch that nothing is any longer coming soon.

My questions is:
- Can someone with the power to do so update that page? It makes it a bit challenging to figure out what's going on.

If I'm sorting through the site correctly, I'm seeing auctions via dollars, and raffles via geekgold, but no auctions via geekgold. If I'm wrong, please point me in the right direction (and then the wiki needs updating too.)

Thanks for the help; I'm only now starting to dig in on some of these features of the site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vermont wrote:
So it looks like there used to be auctions using GeekGold, per the site wiki, but what I found here (https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/BGG_Auctions#) says that it stopped in 2016 and something is coming 'soon.' I have a hunch that nothing is any longer coming soon.

My questions is:
- Can someone with the power to do so update that page? It makes it a bit challenging to figure out what's going on.

If I'm sorting through the site correctly, I'm seeing auctions via dollars, and raffles via geekgold, but no auctions via geekgold. If I'm wrong, please point me in the right direction (and then the wiki needs updating too.)

Thanks for the help; I'm only now starting to dig in on some of these features of the site.

I'm sure you could do an auction with GG as the currency. Just because there isn't an official mechanism, doesn't mean it can't happen. Also you could use it for MTs, or the raffles that you mentioned, such as G4GG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
Vermont wrote:

My questions is:

I'm sure you could do an auction with GG as the currency. Just because there isn't an official mechanism, doesn't mean it can't happen. Also you could use it for MTs, or the raffles that you mentioned, such as G4GG.

Yep. This. You can have a geeklist and use whatever you want to auction off the games. I held an auction a while ago and sold my games for promises of good deeds. If you want to sell your games for GG, go right ahead!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Yager
United States
Unspecified
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was more interested in participating in auctions using GG, not creating one.

Sounds like I have my answer, and it's just a question of who can update the wiki to be a bit more helpful.

Thanks for the insight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vermont wrote:
I was more interested in participating in auctions using GG, not creating one.

Sounds like I have my answer, and it's just a question of who can update the wiki to be a bit more helpful.

Thanks for the insight!

You can subscribe to the meta-auction list. As for an ID on which one's take GG, that will just take some review.

As for the wiki... it's a good suggestion, but it appears the resources are stretched thin for this issue. Perhaps you can volunteer and help them out with it. I'm sure that when this change was made, they had best intentions to revisit, but that obviously just didn't happen.

Who knows... if you edit, you may get more GG as tips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are looking to buy GG I can sell you some.

Or try Geekgold For Sale Subscription Thread

Edit: I was at work when I posted this and hurriedly posted what I thought was the right link. It wasn't. So I'm home now and I fixed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Yager
United States
Unspecified
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:

As for the wiki... it's a good suggestion, but it appears the resources are stretched thin for this issue. Perhaps you can volunteer and help them out with it. I'm sure that when this change was made, they had best intentions to revisit, but that obviously just didn't happen.

Who knows... if you edit, you may get more GG as tips.

Fascinating! I'll check out that opportunity; I certainly don't mind helping. Thanks for the idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I came in here because I saw the username “Vermont” and wondered if I would know the person. Guess so!

Hi, Chris!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Yager
United States
Unspecified
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hah! Small world, indeed.