Popular Tags: [View All]
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
badge
I have Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a timing issue when playing this Case File.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
When Rasputin's Ghost is stunned, I assume his debuffs are negated? i.e. He doesn't downgrade a die and the Agent's don't lose an action cube during the End Phase Refresh?

Also, when does Rasputin recover from Stun? The rulebook says "When a stunned Enemy is activated in the Enemy phase, they stand up and do nothing else." The Case File card says "In the following End phase his health resets to 6."

I interpret this as: The next round after the Boss is stunned, he stands up and does nothing. But the Agents can't hurt him either, until the End phase of that round, where Rasputin's Ghost is now vulnerable again?

Thanks for any replies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
badge
Never fear, Doc Savage is here!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chinkster wrote:
Have a timing issue when playing this Case File.

When Rasputin's Ghost is stunned, I assume his debuffs are negated? i.e. He doesn't downgrade a die and the Agent's don't lose an action cube during the End Phase Refresh?

Also, when does Rasputin recover from Stun? The rulebook says "When a stunned Enemy is activated in the Enemy phase, they stand up and do nothing else." The Case File card says "In the following End phase his health resets to 6."

I interpret this as: The next round after the Boss is stunned, he stands up and does nothing. But the Agents can't hurt him either, until the End phase of that round, where Rasputin's Ghost is now vulnerable again?

Thanks for any replies!

It's a little vague as to when he recovers consciousness. I do it at the end of the next End phase (same round), so agents get their full three cubes buuuuut see below..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also his debuffs should only be negated when he's off the board, or rather not on it. Being stunned, he's still on the board as you only remove a character when they're KO'd. And it says nothing about Bosses in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the FAQ it states all the effects continue, even if a character is stunned, so I don't see any point in attacking Rasputin's Ghost. It would make more sense if he was Ko'd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treiral Tasarte
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
His debuff continue, but he won't draw cards the turn he's stunned. Whether that's useful or not is debatable of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
treiral wrote:
His debuff continue, but he won't draw cards the turn he's stunned. Whether that's useful or not is debatable of course.

He will as he recovers in the End Phase of the same round in which he was stunned. Therefore, he'll be ready to go for the enemy phase as the rules state if an enemy is stunned at the beginning of the the Enemy Phase he stands up and does nothing else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treiral Tasarte
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bern1106 wrote:
treiral wrote:

He will as he recovers in the End Phase of the same round in which he was stunned. Therefore, he'll be ready to go for the enemy phase as the rules state if an enemy is stunned at the beginning of the the Enemy Phase he stands up and does nothing else.

Nowhere says that Rasputin's Ghost shrugs off his Stunned at the End phase, he just gets his health back to 6. Enough to receive another beating next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
treiral wrote:
bern1106 wrote:
treiral wrote:

Nowhere says that Rasputin's Ghost shrugs off his Stunned at the End phase, he just gets his health back to 6. Enough to receive another beating next turn.

Good spot, could have been clearer in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
badge
I have Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses! Wish the designer could come in to help clear up some of these timing (and other issues)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tev Kaber
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if I recall, victory condition is that the missing agent is carried to the exit with no enemies remaining on the board - which would mean you’d have to wait for the illusion boss action card to come up, since it removes Rasputin’s Ghost from the board and replaces him with a killable frog monster. Just stunning him means there is still an enemy on the board.

We didn’t play it like that, since we were short on time and it seemed a bit grindy - with the missing agent at the exit and Rasputin’s ghost on the other side of the map, we declared victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TevK wrote:
Also, if I recall, victory condition is that the missing agent is carried to the exit with no enemies remaining on the board - which would mean you’d have to wait for the illusion boss action card to come up, since it removes Rasputin’s Ghost from the board and replaces him with a killable frog monster. Just stunning him means there is still an enemy on the board.

We didn’t play it like that, since we were short on time and it seemed a bit grindy - with the missing agent at the exit and Rasputin’s ghost on the other side of the map, we declared victory.

No, they got this one right, on the confrontation card it tells you that you only have to clear all minions from the board. Bosses aren't minions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
badge
I have Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
bern1106 wrote:
TevK wrote:

No, they got this one right, on the confrontation card it tells you that you only have to clear all minions from the board. Bosses aren't minions

Oh good catch! I was about to declare my win null and void.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.