Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The play-through is coming later this month (as has been mentioned in various places) from us at Heavy Cardboard and it's coming to KS on June 18th. I also have it on good authority that the game will not be going into regular distribution (or at least, not for a long time after the KS delivers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian S.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
01010011 01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01011001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 00111111
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh. Kickstarter of a thirty three year old game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Brighton
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just hope it's going to be available at a reasonable price point (not one of those $60-$70+ games). Has there been any word on the pricing as yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joebri wrote:
Just hope it's going to be available at a reasonable price point (not one of those $60-$70+ games). Has there been any word on the pricing as yet?

No idea on that part of it. Y'all now know what I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vrooman wrote:
Huh. Kickstarter of a thirty three year old game?

My guess (and that's all it is, is an educated guess) is that it's a game that, because it's that old, they don't know what kind of demand there is for it. Or it could just be something that Uli, Karl, & company just wanted to make. Kickstarter allows them the ability to make games like this w/o regards to the market demand. Just making the games they want to make. But again, that's just my guess. I see no problem with this and is kinda what Kickstarter is there for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
German Mike
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
...mmmmh MEAT
badge
FlgAbw
mbmbmbmbmb
I am relieved they kept the square tomatoes. Can't have Die Macher without square tomatoes! Other than that, count me in the skeptical camp for two reasons: first, there is probably more opportunity to mess up than there is to improve. Second, for me, Spielworxx missed the mark with several of their recent releases (Sands of Time, Captains of the Gulf).

I am hoping for the best, but bracing for disappointment. Looking forward to you putting it through the paces on YouTube (my once-a-year playthrough watch). In either case, the excellent 2nd edition is still widely available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Claessens

Washington
msg tools

So this game may not fund?

And, when it comes to price, I haven’t seen a Spielworxx game for less than $70 lately (without shipping cost).

I just cross my fingers there will be no misprint or error like on some other Spielworxx games whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - that looks worse than the Valley Games edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Alvarez
China
Shenzhen
Guangdong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hopefully a successfully funded KS means that this will be getting a larger print than Spielworxx's normal limited/1000 copies. A game as lauded as this one—and as OOP—certainly deserves more than 1000 copies. Color me excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cory peacock
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the excited camp, too. I'm looking forward to seeing what the game play looks like - whether it's not changed, changed a bit, or much changed. And thank goodness this is now in Edward's hands for a playthrough. I feel like I'll get a good sense of whether the game is for me or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Stinkfoot71 wrote:
Not so!

You can tell the symbols apart in this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Brown
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
Stinkfoot71 wrote:
Not so!

Yeah, not even close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NocturnalAllen wrote:
dkearns wrote:
Stinkfoot71 wrote:
Not so!

Yeah, not even close.

I’m still not 100% feeling this graphic design direction they took, but it’s growing on me. It definitely looks like it will be more accessible/appealing to a wider audience though, which... is a good thing?

I’m just curious to see what changes they’ve made to make this diceless...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Deylgat
Belgium
Melle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious to see this game. The theme speaks to me, but based on the reviews I've read, it might be too heavy for me. Very much looking forward to the video Edward. Sell me on the game, oh chief elephant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hallstrom
United States
Jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Die Macher but I'm not a fan of the Valley Games graphic design (the version I own) so I looking forward to this.

My biggest fear is change in the way to play the game. I like the game as is. Does anyone know if you will be able to play the game with the old rules or only revised in the edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shin
United States
Paramus
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaMilli wrote:
Other than that, count me in the skeptical camp for two reasons: first, there is probably more opportunity to mess up than there is to improve. Second, for me, Spielworxx missed the mark with several of their recent releases (Sands of Time, Captains of the Gulf).

I am hoping for the best, but bracing for disappointment.
Sorry, but do you mind elaborating on this? I’m new to the game and to this publisher. Errata is kryptonite to an ocd person like myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Stinkfoot71 wrote:
I disagree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Challst wrote:
My biggest fear is change in the way to play the game. I like the game as is. Does anyone know if you will be able to play the game with the old rules or only revised in the edition.
Judging from the cards alone, this will be at least a little different. The second edition still exists, and it's an excellent production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy Mesa wrote:
Challst wrote:
Judging from the cards alone, this will be at least a little different. The second edition still exists, and it's an excellent production.
What makes you say that? It looks like the cards are just representing for and against issues, same as before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Bottoms
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
dvader123 wrote:
DaMilli wrote:
Other than that, count me in the skeptical camp for two reasons: first, there is probably more opportunity to mess up than there is to improve. Second, for me, Spielworxx missed the mark with several of their recent releases (Sands of Time, Captains of the Gulf).

Sorry, but do you mind elaborating on this? I’m new to the game and to this publisher. Errata is kryptonite to an ocd person like myself.

All I can say is, don't get into wargaming........... surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shin
United States
Paramus
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
morningview66 wrote:
dvader123 wrote:
DaMilli wrote:

ive searched myself but I don’t see any of the issues being related to errata. What’s the issue then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
dvader123 wrote:
morningview66 wrote:
dvader123 wrote:
DaMilli wrote:

ive searched myself but I don’t see any of the issues being related to errata. What’s the issue then?

Many wargames have errata, probably "most" would be accurate to say. Some have a lot of errata.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
grant5 wrote:
Andy Mesa wrote:
Challst wrote:
What makes you say that? It looks like the cards are just representing for and against issues, same as before.
More details here, along with tidbits by Uli.

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/4718282/die-macher

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Mountain view
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I recently saw a Dice Tower vid (focus BGG) that said this game was the first in the database. Am I remembering this right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[maˈtiːas]
Germany
Elzach
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnb4bgg wrote:
Am I remembering this right?