Subject: Question about third bean field rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played my first game of Bohnanza and a question came up regarding the third bean field, forgive me if this has already been addressed but I haven't found the answer if it has.

The question is this: if a player buys a third bean field does he keep it for the rest of the game or can he only use it until he harvests that first crop? During the game my answer was that you can only use the third bean field once. I base this on the fact that the rules say "Once a game, each player may buy a third bean field" (emphasis mine) Why would it say "once" unless the bean field was lost after you used it? Beyond this the rules are not clear, however. So does anybody know the correct interpretation? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Wilson
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Question about third bean field
mdp4828 (#39685),

IMO, its worth is so marginal even if you get to keep it for the remainder of the game that I couldn't imagine forcing a player to continually pay three coins to repurchase a third field. I do think that the wording is to keep people from buying a fourth extra field, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daw65 (#39688),

I agree. It's worded that you can buy the field once, not just use it once.

Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
mdp4828 (#39685),

You only buy it once and keep it for the rest of the game. You do physically obtain one of the third bean field cards. The wording is probably to attempt to explain that you cannot buy more than one of them, i.e. a limit of one per player.

P.S. I find the third bean field extremely useful and buy it very early on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.