Hellboy: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Transforming Frog Monster Damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derrick Marais
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does damage on a transforming frog monster transfer to the rampaging frog monster it turns into?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guz Wojciech
Poland
Wrocław
Województwo dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
That's a good question. Does anyone know the answer? There's nothing in the rulebook and FAQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cordova
TN
flag msg tools
mb
boelabaal wrote:
Does damage on a transforming frog monster transfer to the rampaging frog monster it turns into?

Theme and rationalizing aside, we ended up not transferring the damage because it says that the monster is replaced with the a new one. It might not be the correct way of playing it, but it's the more conservative approach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
I would play the more thematic approach and keep the damage. It's the same frog guy after all. This is also not supported by any rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Gundsømagle
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
jorl wrote:
I would play the more thematic approach and keep the damage. It's the same frog guy after all. This is also not supported by any rules.

I play the same, the rules state to replace the figure, not mentioning damage means we don't touch them, and leave them as they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treiral Tasarte
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, we do not transfer the damage. Mostly under the "my game, my rules" edict, but I like to see how the transformation also heals any wounds he might have, leaving only a hideous scar in its place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.