Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
badge
I have Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
So I reached card #5 of this case and

Spoiler (click to reveal)
the first sentence says "Remove all doors from the game board." Then the maze re-arranges itself.

What happens to all unexplored rooms with the cards? I hit the POI #1 pretty early on and still have lots of unexplored rooms. I didn’t not have enough minions to populate all rooms if that's the intent of the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sands
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I interpreted this one as...

After you rearrange everything, put the doors back in place.

I don't know if that was correct, but it seemed to make sense to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
badge
I have Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Sands wrote:
I interpreted this one as...

After you rearrange everything, put the doors back in place.

I don't know if that was correct, but it seemed to make sense to me.

Yeah. In the end that’s what I did as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
Removing doors does not explore unexplored rooms. The Encounter cards are moved with the rooms. Flipping an Encounter card would make a room explored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
badge
I have Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
jorl wrote:
Removing doors does not explore unexplored rooms. The Encounter cards are moved with the rooms. Flipping an Encounter card would make a room explored.

Well, the bit that confuses me is

The new map layout has the doors again!

Especially the second one that places a NEW door!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
The first sentence is not really necessary in my opinion, but does not make it confusing - at least for me:
- remove all doors
- move all rooms with everything on them in the new positions
- add the doors according to the image

A sentence saying to add the doors might have helped.

Doors have no status in this game. They are not open or closed. Only the rooms have the status: explored/unexplored. So it does not matter if you place the same doors or different ones or even add one. Does this help to reduce your confusion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
badge
I have Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
jorl wrote:
The first sentence is not really necessary in my opinion, but does not make it confusing - at least for me:
- remove all doors
- move all rooms with everything on them in the new positions
- add the doors according to the image

A sentence saying to add the doors might have helped.

Doors have no status in this game. They are not open or closed. Only the rooms have the status: explored/unexplored. So it does not matter if you place the same doors or different ones or even add one. Does this help to reduce your confusion?

Well... let's just put it down to poor editing on Mantic's part. You can either have the 1st sentence and then add an extra sentence as you said, or leave out the first sentence entirely.

This is not so much about the game's mechanics as poor editing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right. I just wanted to make sure that there is not something else that was misunderstood. (I was also confused by a detail Re: Official-ish FAQ Thread! )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.