Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Created 8 characters after install. Got pretty much them all out of doing DFB and ready for Posi TF. Rerolled 7 of the 8 and added two.

Telluric Twilight - Elec/dark tank

Telluric deals with underground currents. First brute which clicked for me was Dark/elec. Straight up solo beat an EB without inspirations. Had a tank version in a hardcore SG. I think it fell, but it would have been late in my time with the SG and the game. #1 build to reroll was the brute, but for the sake of diversity, I went tank here. I will be stunned if this doesn't work well even if Elec isn't one of the top powersets.

Phineas Gage - Spines/elec brute

Phineas Gage Had a scrapper and went brute this time. AoE death machine and I wanted something which can hold the aggro more, hence brute. Look is an all metal outfit with metal spikes. While I know /fire is the more ideal farmer and such, the whole package and wanting to be different led to /elec here.

Without Pause - Claws/wp brute

Took Rebel Without a Cause to Rebel Without a Pause and then shortened it to simply Without Pause. I often use the name as an alias online. Went Claws/regen scrapper back in CoH's original lifespan. Simple idea that downtime was a bad thing. Never really IOed it out and maybe a love for the build would have bumped back up as 40-50 was not kind to the build. Just wanted to go more full toggle up and go this time further solidifying with the character's name. Brute because more regen. In a land of 40+ builds, this was my most sentimental one and it wasn't my main. While hair style got a minor change, the overall look remains the same. "You look like Wolverine meets Laura Croft."

Brian Banner - Street Justice/shield

Will forever want to name a guy Banner, but alas. Felt like I needed a token scrapper as I had vastly wanted to make all melee characters brutes. I went for something that was very scrapper like. The kicking animations fits a scrapper more than brutes. Brutes SMASH. Animations of SJ are really good. There seems to be very little that isn't fun here. This is very much my patriotic character so the shield just further cemented the wannabe Cap idea. Original outfit is 100% a modification on a known Freedom server player's idea.

Blackmoor - Dark/dark controller

Name is from the game which ultimately led to D&D. Had the defender version back in the day. This is 100% "had to be done."

Sneakers - Ill/rad controller

Name likely makes more sense when you see the bio of "Tights are for sissies." Currently on hold(blames Blackmoor, though rolled as a MM), and one of the rare straight up characters I did back in the day, got to 50, and would play again. Rewrote what a support character could do for me.

Chasing Fireworks - Fire/storm

Many years ago I figured out my problem was building things up in my head more than they were in reality. I called it chasing fireworks, and it stuck. Version three of the build and the third different AT. This feels the most right though. Fire/kin controller being #2. Had one previously, but only got it into the 20s, IIRC. If not for my dom and lacking for an overall idea, I would honestly want a Plant/storm. Mmm, Plant/storm.

After Midnight - Dark/Dark blaster

Honestly just surprised the name was available. I didn't think of another one until later. I haven't checked to see if it was taken or not. It "should be." Another 100% "had to be done." Asked about it on the forums, and last I checked got zero responses. I feel like blaster players have failed me. How this is not talked about?

Grassoline - Plant/fire dom

Who doesn't love a good pun? Had a hardcore version of it. It died at the same exact spot my level 41 blaster did on the very next mission. Double gut punch. Loved what I saw. Just a fun build to play. Top 3? of characters I was going to reroll.

Pagophagia - Cold/ice defender

Addiction to ice. Currently a blaster. Likely switch for the sake of diversity. Played a ton of defenders back in the day to where it was a running joke, so part of me pauses in the switch. Part of me knows I "have to play" Cold though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ErikPeter Walker
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/145148/
badge
Expand
mb
I've put the most time into Completist on Everlasting; thanks to the miracle of disabling xp and Null The Gull, I have done all of the 1-4 content blue and redside, and am now locked at level 9 until I finish up everything to 10. At the completionist's pace my eventual goal is to get to 15, which unlocks a lot of stuff, most importantly the Ouro stuff. (Though I did sneak in and snag the portal power, I just can't use the ones I summon until 15.) I'm a little over halfway to the personal crafting station accolade.

Elsewise on that server I have some characters in a SG called "The Outsider's Guild" which is a motley crew of aliens stranded on Earth from far and wide. My Arachnos Soldier named Mascot who just reached 24 and I still have to do his AT-altering respec. Very excited.

You tried out the Sentinel yet? It's a lot of fun. Has some AT-unique secondary powers that are pretty exciting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only briefly looked at it. If it has Dark/shield I would have done that, but it is understandable why shield is not an option for blasts. Curious about Water since it looks neat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could have min/maxed it better, but went Water/sr for sentinel and somehow got Waterpark for the name. Would have wanted Waterslide, but that not surprisingly was taken. Really debated Water/ice blaster, but it would be nice to find something cheaper to work on IOs with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.