Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Video Game» Forums » Bazaar » Hot Deals

Subject: Epic Games Store - $10 off almost every game that is $14.99 or higher. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
At the risk of starting a thread that could turn into a "how bad is the Epic store" debate, I thought I should let people know that Epic is having a pretty interesting sale on their store.

Rather than just having a group of certain games on sale, they're knocking $10 off almost every game in their store, including most pre-orders of games.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/

For example, the previously Playstation exclusive Quantic Dream games Heavy Rain, BEYOND: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human are $10 off.

Neat look pre-order games like Control and Close to the Sun are in the sale as well.

I believe Epic is trying to help people build up their library on the Epic store, and this isn't a terrible way to do it.

Note: Borderlands 3 does not appear to be part of the sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sufficiently convinced by EPIC to spend more than $5 on a game -- but if I was, certainly I'd be most tempted by Hades on sale for $10, a pretty cool looking mythical roguelike aRPG by Supergiant (who made Bastion/Transistor/etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here is a list of all games priced at $14.99 and above, sorted by price low to high. These are not necessarily on sale because the discount applies to everything.

https://gg.deals/us/deals/?minPrice=14.99&sort=price&store=5...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't used the Epic store, so I'll just note that the Steam Summer sale is in about five weeks. I don't know which will be better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chamoy
United States
Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
Here is a list of all games priced at $14.99 and above, sorted by price low to high. These are not necessarily on sale because the discount applies to everything.

https://gg.deals/us/deals/?minPrice=14.99&sort=price&store=5...

This doesn't include Hades, which is MSRP 19.99, so on sale for 9.99, or John Wick Hex, which is marked down from 17.99 to 7.99. Not sure what else is missing.

Try sorting it like this:
https://gg.deals/us/deals/?sort=price&store=57

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
I haven't used the Epic store, so I'll just note that the Steam Summer sale is in about five weeks. I don't know which will be better.

Some of the deals on EPIC (like Hades or John Wick Hex) are certainly better if you want those games because a) They're over 50% off, and b) those games aren't available on Steam currently.

If you mean pure number of games on a decent sale, obviously Steam is going to have a much better selection by dint of having 100 times as many raw games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got Outward, nothing else has been even close to that price. I finally installed the Epic Launcher (and now I can play all those free games I've been collecting also).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note that some developers have removed their games from the Epic library (temporarily?) rather than have them subject to this sale.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
Oxygen Not Included

And there has been some pricing fluctuations for Hades.

"Epic’s bouncing baby store has had other first-time mega-sale-related hiccups, as well. Hades, the early access roguelite from the makers of Bastion and Pyre, was briefly priced incorrectly at $6.99, and developer Supergiant corrected it with a confusing increase not only to the game’s sale price (which is now $14.99), but also its base price, which was $19.99 but is now $24.99."

Kotaku

Kotaku is the real source here. The other two articles site Kotaku as their source.

IGN

Ars Technica
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joerg Schaefer
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With all the great games I got for free from their store so far, I felt obliged to buy something and the sale prices are good. I bought Heavy Rain and with BEYOND: Two Souls and Observation I'm thinking about getting two more preorder games.

What do you guys think about Beyond Two Souls? The reviews are mixed on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
JoSch wrote:

What do you guys think about Beyond Two Souls? The reviews are mixed on this.

Like other David Cage games, there will be a lot of polarization regarding the story.

I personally felt it was one of the weaker Quantic Dream games, but it was still worth playing through once. Some of the settings and scenes were quite interesting, and I liked the way you could do stuff as Aiden.

Observation does look pretty interesting.

It bothers me that the Epic store doesn't seem to have release dates anywhere on it for pre-orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Piñata
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:

If you want to try Epic without risk they periodically give away some great games for free via their store. Click this for VGG thread to get updates when free games available!

Personally, I dread having games across so many different platforms but I've forced myself to just go with it. So what's that now, consoles, DRM-free, Steam, Uplay, Origin, Twitch Prime, Battle, Bethesda, Rockstar, Epic, and on and on... ugh, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
JPinata wrote:
Personally, I dread having games across so many different platforms but I've forced myself to just go with it. So what's that now, consoles, DRM-free, Steam, Uplay, Origin, Twitch Prime, Battle, Bethesda, Rockstar, Epic, and on and on... ugh, lol.

That's my issue. Steam has its problems, but unlike any PC backup I'm aware of, Steam will restore my games after a crash easily. Amazon isn't terrible, but you have to go to your library and restore one game at a time. Fortunately, it's just those and the Android Play store for little time-wasters. Since I mostly like strategy games, the PC is about the only choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't get too carried away buying games on the Epic Games Store sale. If you buy five games Epic will lock your account and you will have to contact them to resolve it.

Kotaku link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Don't get too carried away buying games on the Epic Games Store sale. If you buy five games Epic will lock your account and you will have to contact them to resolve it.

Kotaku link

That is pretty lame.

To be fair, I've certainly received timed lockouts from Steam when redeeming too many game codes in a row (from a huge bundle), so it's not like this is unprecedented. But after 5 games directly purchased from their own store is pretty bad.

Still, obviously it's a small shopping error they can fix, and doesn't effect your ability to access your library or anything. So I don't think it should stop anyone from taking advantage of this sale to buy a game or 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.