Hide
5 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sho-Riu extra Loot card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dada Pawa
msg tools
Context: The new Dragon monster, Sho-Riu (quite nice looking!) is XXL and has the following ability:
Quote:
When the dragon is defeated, each Hero may draw 2 extra Loot cards.

So this mean 2 extra Loot cards, and since the enemy is also XXL, you would also gain an extra Loot card for his size. This makes 3 extra loot card, that you can top off with the normal 1 loot card you get from ending a combat (1 per monsters source).

I know there is a rule about a limit of 3 Loot cards, but this limit only apply on the Loot card added per monster sources (at least, that is how I understand it).

Correct me if I'm wrong, otherwise, how do you guys play it off when playing with 4+ players? Since the deck has 12 cards, do you reshuffle it once it is depleted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Why
msg tools
Quote:
since the enemy is also XXL, you would also gain an extra Loot card for his size.
I've never heard of this.

Quote:
I know there is a rule about a limit of 3 Loot cards, but this limit only apply on the Loot card added per monster sources (at least, that is how I understand it).
The ability says to draw "extra" loot cards, which means they are in addition to the normal loot cards, and therefore the limit of 3 applies to all of them combined. At least, that's how I've been playing it. The text in the rulebook is certainly ambiguous, so I guess you could make a case for either.

Quote:
how do you guys play it off when playing with 4+ players? Since the deck has 12 cards, do you reshuffle it once it is depleted?
Yup. Loot cards are dealt from the deck until the deck runs out. When it does, shuffle all the loot cards and continue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dada Pawa
msg tools
Quote:
At the end of a Fight, every Hero is allowed to draw one Loot card for each Threat card that added Enemies to the Fight (to a max of 3 Loot Cards each).
The actual wording does not specify "extra", just to draw "one loot card", for "each threat", up to 3. But I do see it could get ambiguous whit how FFG are known not to follow strict wording rules since... ever.

I went and fetched the rule for XXL enemies, but I kinda just figured the exact answer for this situation. There is a "XXL enemies" rule added to their rule book that says they add an extra loot card, but in the case of Sho-Riu, it was changed to:
Quote:
XXL enemy
As noted on the Enemy Record Sheet, when defeating a Dragon, all Heroes may draw 2 Extra Loot cards (this is in addition to the Loot card drawn for the Threat card that added the Dragon to the Fight).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget to have one player draw their loot cards, resolve, then add the cards back into the deck and reshuffle for the other players. This creates more variety for everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
Don't forget to have one player draw their loot cards, resolve, then add the cards back into the deck and reshuffle for the other players. This creates more variety for everyone.

Take note: This is not the official way to play. The intention is that everyone draws from the same shuffle of the same loot deck at the exact same time, and you only reshuffle if you need to. This keeps loot card redraw abilities like “Swindler” (Bandido) relevant, as its much better to be able to see what’s already out of the deck before you decide to redraw than having to just re-roll the same chances.

In regard to Sho-Riu - you get 2 extra cards, not 3. His ability replaces the normal rule of “1 for an XXL threat”.

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls