Subject: Which expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks interesting, but I need more information before I make a purchase.

How does the base game play as compared to playing with the expansions?

Can I get a “full gaming experience” with just the base game?

Which expansion(s) do you like best?

Which expansion(s) are “must have?”

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hansen
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have the base game, and it sure feels like a full gaming experience. I think the expansions just add options. I do plan to order them, I just haven't had to yet.

So yeah, I'd say even the TF "base game" scratches that itch for a fun, easy to play deck builder!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Capodiferro
United States
Asheville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the base game plus all of the expansions but haven't added any of the expansions yet because the base game has soooo much replay-ability. I've not felt the need to add anything yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to add the expansions, I just want to really know the base game first. Highly recommend this game!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United States
flag msg tools
Dino DNA!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welp, looks like everything that needs to be said already has been. It’s a really nice game. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Johnson
United States
Cleveland
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the base game can give you a full experience.

I have the Rods & Boats expansion and the Fish & Tackle expansion. I like and prefer to use both expansions, but neither would be a must have.

Rods & Boats gives each player a random, unique rod card and boat card. These two cards give your starting deck a small boost.

The Fish & Tackle expansion puts different fish into the lake. Shuffle them in and deal out the fish cards to form the lake. This will cause some cards to not be used in that game, therefore creating some additional variety. Will the 12 pt lunker bass be there? The new fish are more picky about what they eat, and they require the bait/lure to be two colors. Thus, new tackle cards are added to the store to help accommodate the double color requirement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.