1 Posts

King Me!» Forums » Reviews

Subject: User Review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not going to much detail on the game mechanics here. Tom Vasel and Chris Brua have already written very good reviews explaining how the game works.

However, I'd like to chime in and tell you the game is actually pretty good (well, that's what they'll say, too). Despite the obvious shortcomings (pretty, but awkward pieces and non-exclusivity of goals leading to short rounds) it's a fun little filler or a good game for the whole family. It's certainly easy enough to learn without extensive boardgaming experience.

If your group has standard fillers you like to play over and over again, there's little need for Viva il Re! However, if you're looking for something new to fill the spaces between heavier games (Viva il Re! certainly doesn't burden your brains) and don't mind a bit of a bluffing, here's a game for you. It's not that deep a bluffing game, but the bluffing element is there.

My rating has come down from initial nine, but I'll still play the game with pleasure. Therefore I'll give it eight and expect that to hold quite well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.