4 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: Introducing new players in an exsiting campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
newyn sarles
msg tools
Hi everyone,
Tomorrow I'm goin to continue my S&S campaign after a long break due to the lack of 2 players. As i found the 2 remaining players, as one of the old players didn't leave. Tomorrow i will introduce those 2 new players to the game and my question is the following: as me and my old friend are at rank 2 (we just finished the first 2 quests) how can I introduce the 2 new characters? At which rank have they to start and with what equipement?

Thank you in advance for any advice.
Roberto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
You can be flexible. It’s probably not an issue to start them at rank 2 (but you could start at rank 1 and just level them with extra SPs). On treasure, I probably wouldn’t start them with any. You can likely outfit them with any gold you have on hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damianos Theodoropoulos
Greece
flag msg tools
A couple of weeks ago, i asked a similar question , you can see the thread here https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2195153/changing-party-size...

There are many ways you can handle it. I haven t tried it yet , but the solution i think might work best , is having the new heroes with stash equipment at soulrank 1, but add soulpoints per each new hero, as many as the quest suggests when playing the quest as stand alone).

In your case you can also have one of the new players pick up one of the heroes the old players had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
newyn sarles
msg tools
Thank you very much for your answers.
I solved the problem using the setup as they were playing a single scenario. They started at rank 1 and gave to them 75 coins they could spend buying equipements at the shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls