9 Posts

Band of Brothers: Ghost Panzer» Forums » General

Subject: New counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Georges Faberger
msg tools
Hi,
I discovered Band of Brothers by buying the 2nd edition of Ghost Panzer.
The system is really excellent, the best one for me at the tactical level (I tried others like CC and CoH without comparing it to ASL, of course).
On the other hand, I found that the counters, which does not have the same size with sides that are not straight and symmetrical, could be improved.
The aesthetic vision is important, in particular at the tactical level.
I wonder if it would be better for Worthington games to print beautiful die-cut and easypunch counters with round corners (like hexasim's games or the last Hearts and Minds at Compass games).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mb
I'm always up for improving the component quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilsdorf wrote:
Hi,
I discovered Band of Brothers by buying the 2nd edition of Ghost Panzer.
The system is really excellent, the best one for me at the tactical levelD
This is an important step on the road grasshopper. Many congratulations on your perceptive wisdom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I speak EsperantoMicrobadge: Safe, Sane, ConsensualMicrobadge: Human RightsMicrobadge: MasochistMicrobadge: Vegan
FWIW: In my experience, most games with die-cut rounded counters have side nubs, which are harder to get rid of, so I prefer traditional corner nubs, which are easy to clip off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georges Faberger
msg tools
russ wrote:
FWIW: In my experience, most games with die-cut rounded counters have side nubs, which are harder to get rid of, so I prefer traditional corner nubs, which are easy to clip off.
The most important is to have counters of the same size and symmetrical.
We agree on the essential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:
I'm always up for improving the component quality.
I'm not. I've already got a pretty fair investment in this series and plan to buy everything else that comes out. But I want compatible components, if a future title comes with a different counter or map style I'll have to choose between having mis-matched components or rebuying the entire thing (if that option is even offered)...I'd rather not be in that position
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mb
No worries. I didn't mean to imply that the series would be changing because there are no plans for it to.

As I have gotten older, I have just become a sucker for top notch components. It is why I bought an Oregon corner rounder. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
Microbadge: Casual wargamerMicrobadge: COIN fan Microbadge: Band of Brothers fanMicrobadge: Space Empires: 4X fanMicrobadge: Motörhead fan
Wilsdorf wrote:
russ wrote:
The most important is to have counters of the same size and symmetrical.
We agree on the essential.
If you have counters that are misaligned you should contact Worthington Games and ask for replacements.

Random image from here on BGG:
As you can tell the printing isn't 100% centered, but it's definitely all on the counter and the counters are symmetrical. If yours look different I'm sure Worthington will replace them promptly.

And I agree with russ; thumbsdown for side-nubs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georges Faberger
msg tools
I may not have been lucky, but the counters, after being cut and ''corrected'', are ready.
Unlike the Montana grizzly, I do not have the entire collection yet, but I intend to buy it. I hope not to be disappointed at the next purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls