Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I didn’t see anything about bosses being able to push.

Each area can only hold 6 characters.

If a group of 4 agents are in an area, and the GFM, which is huge and counts as 3 characters, then he cannot enter the agent’s area and cannot engage in melee attacks. So long as the group sticks together.

Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I believe so, also furniture counts in areas as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alek P.
msg tools
badge
Caek please :D
mbmbmb
Seems like it, though I would houserule that it pushes someone out to get in, tbh...

It feels too strange and gamey otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
THE MISSING BOSS MOVEMENT RULE (“OUT OF MY WAY!”)

During late-stage testing, a rule came up that should have been added to the rulebook, but for whatever reason it never was. Sorry about this!

If a Boss is instructed to move into an area but cannot fit because of other characters or scenery, follow these steps:

1. Destroy the largest piece of scenery in the area. The Boss’ move then ends, without it entering the area.

2. If there was no scenery in the area, characters in the area are hurled until there is room for the Boss. Enemies are hurled first, then Agents (or Backup Agents). The Lead Agent chooses the exact order in which character are hurled. Then the Boss moves into the area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alek P.
msg tools
badge
Caek please :D
mbmbmb
oduh wrote:

During late-stage testing, a rule came up that should have been added to the rulebook, but for whatever reason it never was. Sorry about this!

If a Boss is instructed to move into an area but cannot fit because of other characters or scenery, follow these steps:

1. Destroy the largest piece of scenery in the area. The Boss’ move then ends, without it entering the area.

2. If there was no scenery in the area, characters in the area are hurled until there is room for the Boss. Enemies are hurled first, then Agents (or Backup Agents). The Lead Agent chooses the exact order in which character are hurled. Then the Boss moves into the area.

Love the scenery part, very thematic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oduh wrote:

So...will this go into an official FAQ? This is a good rule as I was able to easily win an otherwise hard mission because of how the boss couldn’t enter my ‘full’ square (this occurred multiple times).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treiral Tasarte
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the document linked was uploaded by JamesMHewitt himself, the designer of the game. It's the official FAQ and errata of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah to be clear I didn't make that rule up, it's from the FAQ. I was just being a bit terse when posting the reply whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarimrune wrote:
So...will this go into an official FAQ?

The easiest way for you to find out is reading the FAQ, isn't it?
Hellboy: The Board Game FAQ and Errata document
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oduh wrote:
Yeah to be clear I didn't make that rule up, it's from the FAQ. I was just being a bit terse when posting the reply whistle

Ahh, makes sense now. Searched and found the FAQ. Thx folks.

Gonna have to replay that scenario cuz it was too easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.