BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Matrix 9er XXXI rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:
madelineb wrote:
backpacker wrote:
madelineb wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

DUBS's totally made up numbers about Wolf percentages:

Aumerle: 41%
backpacker: 35%
Madeline: 20%
ortho: 3%
Javal: 1%
DUBS: OUTSIDE DOMAIN OF EVILTUDE
With. Aumerle 60, Dubs 25, Backpacker 15, ortho/Javal (rounding errors).

I'll need to learn to read better - I'm just not seeing all the Aumerevil?

I don't like his resignation, but I get it. He thinks his participation doesn't matter due to bloc voting, then why bother? The only thing that's moved his needle much for me was Madeline pointing out his reaction to such a big safe-pool (from Ortho?) early in the game.

I'm always giving 3D do-overs & fresh starts and rather like what she's saying today. The way things stand now, voting her or voting Aumerle or not voting doesn't matter due to LHLV.

Yes, I'll vote
Well, at this point in the game, finding reasons to read others as good is almost as helpful as finding reasons to read candidates as evil. I've mentioned what gives me the comparative plusses for you and Dubs, though on the latter it's dicier I think given her demands to lynch away from Smugs.

I don't see as much that points me to good in Aumerle. The strongest thing in his voting history is the D2 vote that pushed Smugs into lynch lead. As Aumerle said, as wolf he could have ridden that out on Javal. But is Smugs in the worst position if we get to an all-claim at must-lynch D2? Not sure. Also if Javal has to retract to a GS claim, who knows what happens in chaos that day.

His case on Dubs d1 seems solid, and his going along with ortho's backpacker read felt good as well. But in other places, I feel like he's been trying to keep the pool fairly large.

Two things about this -

So the arguments that I'm evil are -

1) I don't seem that good, more than I actually seem evil. The problem with that argument is what makes someone good? That seems pretty subjective to me so anyone could make this argument about anyone. Side note pointing out my vote on Smugs but apparently doesn't count for much. I don't see what Javal claiming, not claiming, etc has to do with anything at that point. As either evil or good, I don't know that Javal's a GS to know that would happen.

2) And I'm trying to keep the pool large? Or I actually just believe in the reads I have as stated. I gave reads and I don't really think I was keeping the pool that much larger than anyone else, really. I thought Farren was probably good, I've said a bunch of times that I think backpacker is good which seems like a bad move right now if I'm trying to keep options open for a lynch. I really don't get this.

Someone please take a look at madeline tomorrow.

1. I've already said what I think made backpacker and Dubs seem good, more in their tone sometimes than their actions. Is that subjective, absolutely. That's for everyone to push back against, I'm just giving my reads.

I do think your vote on Smugs is a point in your favor. I'm trying to imagine the counterfactual world where you're a wolf and keep your vote on Javal instead, to see whether it's the strategy that would have made the most sense for you as evil. Obviously none of us could know how it would have gone.

2. Also referring to stuff like

Aumerle wrote:
Having some trouble with good reads on ortho. Like he's super chill and I love playing with him but I just re-read most of his D1 and I don't really get a lot of substance that feels alignment indicative.

I mean sure he posts:

ortho_ wrote:
Would not lynch: Farren, Javal, Backpacker, Dubs

Would lynch: Anyone not on that list

I think Madeline's stuff has been fine since she joined the game, but she's also an excellent wolf. I need more time/material to form a concrete judgment.

Smugs is existing in a middle ground for me. Which is mildly odd, because usually I just end up on tunneling on her wrongly on D1.

Aumerle, I am dialing way back on the confidence level in the aftermath of NR 15er. I am not sure if it's due to that correction on a subconscious level, but he doesn't seem obviously good in this game.

Dupree is largely null, with a hint of possible evil promises.

But BEFORE that post I just don't see much that would lead me to believe he's really D1 clearing 4 people.

Also he told me himself after snowing me in the Mad Science game that the way to find him as evil is that he just pushes the easiest target. I think Smugs was a pretty easy target D1, lot of people were suspicious of her and all he voted was DMD then Smugs.

Anyway, just saying. Suspect!

Anyone with a good read, can you elaborate?

Aumerle wrote:
I really struggle with players like Javal.

My problem is that basically I never want to end up in a final whatever situation with them.

He might be good, he might be evil. It's probably unfair of me to rank him as low as I have, I just have no clue. And that's the problem with a mechanical argument, if it gets to an endgame situation with him in it, I might as well just roll my lucky d4 since there will be so little to read him off of. Votes only get you so far in this game.

This isn't meant as a personal attack AT ALL, just to be clear. It's just a difficulty I have with that sort of playstyle because it's very different from my own.

Do others, including goods, do this? Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
“Good-bye and hello, as always.”
badge
“I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny, The Courts of Chaos
mbmbmbmbmb
Madeline, I don't mean anything personal about it. I just am saying that to me at this point in the game, saying that I'm evil for those things to the point where it doesn't even seem like you're considering anyone else right now... seems weak.

And I'm realizing the more I say this that I'm just going to

[vote madeline]

Don't expect anything to come from it but I might feel better later if I'm right about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Player (6/10) - # - Voted by

Aumerle - 3 - Javal(2), madelineb(7), DIGGITYDAWGDUBS*(10), ortho_(12)
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS - 1 - madelineb(3), ortho_(5), backpacker(6), Aumerle(9), Javal(11)
madelineb - 1 - DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(4), Aumerle(13)
Javal - 0 - ortho_(1)
backpacker - 0 - DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(8)

Not Voting: backpacker

Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 3:00 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 4:00 PM BGG

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

Aumerle - 2 - DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(9), madelineb(13)
backpacker - 1 - DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(6)
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS - 3 - madelineb(4), backpacker(8), Aumerle*(10)
Javal - 2 - Aumerle(2), DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(11)
madelineb - 2 - DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(3), Aumerle(7)
ortho_ - 3 - Javal(1), DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(5), Aumerle(12)

Not Voting: backpacker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am starting to think Aumerle might be good. And Madeline might be evil.

If I die today, do what Aumerle is saying and consider Madeline tomorrow, not what I said before. If Aumerle dies today and the game does not end, then I will be doing that, Aumerle. heart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fischer
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:

I imagine someone might do that?

Yes, I also see Aumerle as a possible wolf and people can have another day to show me why. True I'm not loving it and am starting to dig Dubs. But I can't just switch over to Aumerle based on the scantest of evidence that I see. Its like a molehill vs a mountain.

[vote DUBS] might not even matter thanks to LHLV

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Player (6/10) - # - Voted by

Aumerle - 3 - Javal(2), madelineb(7), DIGGITYDAWGDUBS*(10), ortho_(12)
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS - 2 - madelineb(3), ortho_(5), backpacker(6), Aumerle(9), Javal(11), backpacker(14)
madelineb - 1 - DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(4), Aumerle(13)
Javal - 0 - ortho_(1)
backpacker - 0 - DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(8)

Not Voting: N/A

Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 3:00 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 4:00 PM BGG

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

Aumerle - 2 - DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(9), madelineb(13)
backpacker - 2 - DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(6), DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(14)
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS - 3 - madelineb(4), backpacker(8), Aumerle*(10)
Javal - 2 - Aumerle(2), DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(11)
madelineb - 2 - DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(3), Aumerle(7)
ortho_ - 3 - Javal(1), DIGGITYDAWGDUBS(5), Aumerle(12)

Not Voting: N/A

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@ Aumerle: When Madeline was so ready with those two posts from Farren regarding possible Bodyguard hints from him, my immediate thought was: "Hmmm. You seemed ready with those awfully fast. Maybe because you considered them when you made Farren your NK order ..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
@ Aumerle: When Madeline was so ready with those two posts from Farren regarding possible Bodyguard hints from him, my immediate thought was: "Hmmm. You seemed ready with those awfully fast. Maybe because you considered them when you made Farren your NK order ..."
I realized during the day that Farren might have been GS, and if so, he was probably knowledgeable of ortho. So that was the kind of thing I had in the back of my mind but didn't want to directly indicate. Just tried to naturally shift my read on Farren.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
backpacker wrote:
Aumerle wrote:

I imagine someone might do that?

Yes, I also see Aumerle as a possible wolf and people can have another day to show me why. True I'm not loving it and am starting to dig Dubs. But I can't just switch over to Aumerle based on the scantest of evidence that I see. Its like a molehill vs a mountain.

[vote DUBS] might not even matter thanks to LHLV

There is plenty of time before lynch. Someone could move from Aumerle to DUBS (or someone else) in that time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madelineb wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
I realized during the day that Farren might have been GS, and if so, he was probably knowledgeable of ortho. So that was the kind of thing I had in the back of my mind but didn't want to directly indicate. Just tried to naturally shift my read on Farren.

Yeah it is definitely the kind of thing I am guessing you would see as good also. It was more like, a feeling I had when I saw that post from you. I am sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fischer
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

If I am lynched today, please do not auto lynch backpacker (pocketing?)* when I flip good. Please consider both Aumerle & backpacker.

Don't lynch Madeline this game. She has been objectively the best at hunting, and if she is the Wolf, then she has done an amazing performance and we will just all shake her paw to a job well done after the game.

Why the flip from don't lynch Madeline to devilMadeline?
Are you trying to pocket* Aumerle?

*I might not know what pocketing is? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay I have a weird idea. What if we lynch Madeline today?

Here is what I am thinking: It sounds like no one is ever going to vote backpacker except me. So if he is the Wolf, then this is a lost game. That leaves Aumerle / DUBS / Madeline. If it is Madeline, then the auto plan of lynching Aumerle / DUBS in some order is no good. Plus just listen to how much both of us want to move the game day on. This just sounds like two bored Villagers who think they are going to be lynched in subsequent order, to a Village loss. But what if we lynch Madeline today?! Well then, nothing changes, except no Madeline paranoia, because she might never get lynched in an F4. We go back to "Which of Aumerle / DUBS"? If we follow the Aumerle / DUBS plan, then not only do we auto lose to Wolf backpacker, but we possibly also auto lose to Wolf Madeline, just based on people's percentage views.

I guess if you truly believe the Wolf is between {DUBS, Aumerle}, then yeah this is a terrible plan. But it is a thought I had. If you think it is a terrible plan, then just ignore, don't respond with "Well yeah of course you would say that because it gives you another day to live" because OMG if you had any idea how much I am okay with avoiding an F4 this game ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
“I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny, The Courts of Chaos
mbmbmbmbmb
backpacker wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

If I am lynched today, please do not auto lynch backpacker (pocketing?)* when I flip good. Please consider both Aumerle & backpacker.

Don't lynch Madeline this game. She has been objectively the best at hunting, and if she is the Wolf, then she has done an amazing performance and we will just all shake her paw to a job well done after the game.

Thanks, I got a chuckle out of this.

Pocketing is generally more of a long term plan as evil, at least that's how I've always thought of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

Here is what I am thinking: It sounds like no one is ever going to vote backpacker except me. So if he is the Wolf, then this is a lost game. That leaves Aumerle / DUBS / Madeline. If it is Madeline, then the auto plan of lynching Aumerle / DUBS in some order is no good. Plus just listen to how much both of us want to move the game day on. This just sounds like two bored Villagers who think they are going to be lynched in subsequent order, to a Village loss. But what if we lynch Madeline today?! Well then, nothing changes, except no Madeline paranoia, because she might never get lynched in an F4. We go back to "Which of Aumerle / DUBS"? If we follow the Aumerle / DUBS plan, then not only do we auto lose to Wolf backpacker, but we possibly also auto lose to Wolf Madeline, just based on people's percentage views.

I guess if you truly believe the Wolf is between {DUBS, Aumerle}, then yeah this is a terrible plan. But it is a thought I had. If you think it is a terrible plan, then just ignore, don't respond with "Well yeah of course you would say that because it gives you another day to live" because OMG if you had any idea how much I am okay with avoiding an F4 this game ...

Honestly though, I LOVE this plan.

Aumerle, hear me out, this would be great for us: If we lynch Madeline today and she is the Wolf, then we win! But if she is Villager, then it goes to an F4, we can auto nightfall vote each other, and then either backpacker nightfalls one of us and wins or else the game doesn't end, we know the other of us is the Wolf, and then ortho & backpacker decide who the lynch. Oh God yes I want this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
backpacker wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

Yeah once you play enough games with good me, you will realize that:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fischer
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
"you would say that because it gives you another day to live" because OMG if you had any idea how much I am okay with avoiding an F4 this game ...

F4 doesn't matter much in this game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dubs wanting to give backpacker a bunch of power to decide the lynch is weirdly risky if she's a wolf, considering he's been going at her the past two days.

I guess it's risky if she's a villager too...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Sit tight, but the revolution's years away /I'm losing faith and I'm running low on things to say
mbmbmb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

I'm not so hot on this plan.

I mean, if Madeline is the wolf, then I will eat lots of crow in the postgame, but from where I sit both you and Aumerle seem far more likely to be a wolf than her.

I was struck by how both of you seemed kind of resigned like 'if it's not me, it's him/her.' But now you're both stirring the pot again.

I think Dubs is more likely to be good than Aumerle right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

Aumerle, hear me out, this would be great for us: If we lynch Madeline today and she is the Wolf, then we win! But if she is Villager, then it goes to an F4, we can auto nightfall vote each other, and then either backpacker nightfalls one of us and wins or else the game doesn't end, we know the other of us is the Wolf, and then ortho & backpacker decide who the lynch. Oh God yes I want this.

First off I'm not THAT sure it's not backpacker for a final day. Everyone would have to also do all of those things. Coordination in these games? Doubtful.

I'm also a little thrown by your perspective here, that you'd need to do the dual nightfall thing to find out which of is would be a wolf in that scenario. Because if madeline got lynched and it didn't end, you trusted that backpacker was a villager (enough to where you were going to nightfall me) and you knew you were a villager then in that world you'd already know I was the last wolf without having to do any of that nightfall stuff.

Unless you're saying that you don't trust backpacker that much but you still want to do this anyway, which seems questionable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm already voting madeline though, so whatever lol

In the end I'm not sure why I'm the one that post was addressed to, it's other people she'd need to convince.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
backpacker wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
"you would say that because it gives you another day to live" because OMG if you had any idea how much I am okay with avoiding an F4 this game ...

F4 doesn't matter much in this game

Uh... It does if we don't lynch the Wolf today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Sit tight, but the revolution's years away /I'm losing faith and I'm running low on things to say
mbmbmb
If Madeline bussed a little less as a wolf I'd feel really confident about locking in Aumerle/Dubs.

But I'm going to consider evil!Madeline world carefully tomorrow if the person we lynch here is good.

I do plan to get myself killed so that I don't have to actually play the F3. But I won't be lazy - I'll pseudo-play it and give my final thoughts if necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madelineb wrote:
Dubs wanting to give backpacker a bunch of power to decide the lynch is weirdly risky if she's a wolf, considering he's been going at her the past two days.

I guess it's risky if she's a villager too...?

Aumerle wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

First off I'm not THAT sure it's not backpacker for a final day. Everyone would have to also do all of those things. Coordination in these games? Doubtful.

I'm also a little thrown by your perspective here, that you'd need to do the dual nightfall thing to find out which of is would be a wolf in that scenario. Because if madeline got lynched and it didn't end, you trusted that backpacker was a villager (enough to where you were going to nightfall me) and you knew you were a villager then in that world you'd already know I was the last wolf without having to do any of that nightfall stuff.

Unless you're saying that you don't trust backpacker that much but you still want to do this anyway, which seems questionable.

The idea was, if people want to vote you & I in some order anyway, then they won't be voting backpacker most likely. I get that could change in an F4. But I was proposing a (probably stupid) idea for how we could use no one voting backpacker to an advantage, kind of. I don't know. Honestly I am glad I nightfalled my vote because it makes the thinking and talking easier. I am a linear processor. Having to think and talk and vote all at the same time is difficult. But now I think you might be good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there will be a F3

6 players right now, 2 die today/tonight

4 tomorrow, if another mislynch then it's 2 going into the next day, game over if the wolf is still alive

Am I missing something there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ortho_ wrote:
If Madeline bussed a little less as a wolf I'd feel really confident about locking in Aumerle/Dubs.

But I'm going to consider evil!Madeline world carefully tomorrow if the person we lynch here is good.

I do plan to get myself killed so that I don't have to actually play the F3. But I won't be lazy - I'll pseudo-play it and give my final thoughts if necessary.

If the Wolf does not kill Javal, he could have a Stalker hit on the Wolf or else a clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  41 , 42 , 43 , 44 , 45  Next »  [45] |