Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

Fallout» Forums » General

Subject: 3D Printed Player Dashboards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Dobler
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if any cad savvy individual has taken a whack at modeling the Player Dashboard for 3D printing?

I checked Thingiverse, but don't see one up there.

I'm hoping to break the game and play with 4+ players. With the expansion there are a load of characters but still only 4 can play?

We most often play Co-Op mode and it would be nice to try with up to 6.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kneeland
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
Do what you love with the ones you love
badge
Gotta love the duck!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I played 5. Still wonderful, just a tad long
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can find dashboards on Etsy. I don’t remember if they are in 3d print or other material.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Carr
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stupid question: What is a dashboard?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre G
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
supercell2o2 wrote:
I'm wondering if any cad savvy individual has taken a whack at modeling the Player Dashboard for 3D printing?

I checked Thingiverse, but don't see one up there.

I'm hoping to break the game and play with 4+ players. With the expansion there are a load of characters but still only 4 can play?

We most often play Co-Op mode and it would be nice to try with up to 6.


just to be sure: you only need the dashboard tobe an exact copy of the genuine model, so you can extend the number of players...

I'll do that, that's a good idea. I'll have to do some measurements, but it's no rocket science
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Dobler
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aarcana wrote:
supercell2o2 wrote:
I'm wondering if any cad savvy individual has taken a whack at modeling the Player Dashboard for 3D printing?

I checked Thingiverse, but don't see one up there.

I'm hoping to break the game and play with 4+ players. With the expansion there are a load of characters but still only 4 can play?

We most often play Co-Op mode and it would be nice to try with up to 6.


just to be sure: you only need the dashboard tobe an exact copy of the genuine model, so you can extend the number of players...

I'll do that, that's a good idea. I'll have to do some measurements, but it's no rocket science

Exactly. Just some well made 3D models I can throw into a slicer and print out, maybe paint myself to match the original. Hell if they are good enough I might replace all of the cardboard ones with the fancy 3D printed ones.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Dobler
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Samhain2057 wrote:
Stupid question: What is a dashboard?

Most games have a "dashboard" it's just your player board that bits and bobs go on to keep track of things like health, power, mana, money, etc.

In Fallout it happens to be themed like a Pip-Boy.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Dobler
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamelrha wrote:
I think you can find dashboards on Etsy. I don’t remember if they are in 3d print or other material.

I always forget to check Etsy, though in this case, have 3D printer, will print for "food."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Draxon Bailo
Australia
Uranquinty
NSW
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For a cheep and nasty solution while you are finding one, you could just scann the front of the playerboard and then print it out flat, use some beads to mark you hp and such. Just don't bump it lol.
Thats how we got around it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre G
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
I'm currently designing it during my free time. Might be available by next week monday

here is a little overview of what it looks so far
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre G
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Here you go. measurements done from my dashboard, so it should be OK

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3652568

6 
 Thumb up
2.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Dobler
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aarcana wrote:
Here you go. measurements done from my dashboard, so it should be OK

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3652568


Wow, amazingly fast and incredible work.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre G
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
You're very welcome ;-)
(Don't hesitate to tip on thingiverse )

If you have any comment, shoot
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Dobler
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sent a little something your way. Gonna try to get this on the printer today.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre G
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Wow, didn't expect that much... Thanks a lot
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Dobler
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, just gotta say, Excellent work.

Printed up a set of these last night.

Had to rotate at an angle to fit my build plate, but I got it on there.

Ended up scaling up the Pins to 110% so they were a little more snug, but I think that's just tolerances and not your design.

I think'll replace my whole set with these.

I'll post pics tonight. *warning* I've only got bright pink filament right now since I was printing dino meeples for Dinosaur Island.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre G
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
supercell2o2 wrote:
Dude, just gotta say, Excellent work.

Printed up a set of these last night.

Had to rotate at an angle to fit my build plate, but I got it on there.

Ended up scaling up the Pins to 110% so they were a little more snug, but I think that's just tolerances and not your design.

I think'll replace my whole set with these.

I'll post pics tonight. *warning* I've only got bright pink filament right now since I was printing dino meeples for Dinosaur Island.

Cool !
Can't wait to see it !!!

I always design with gaps, but it was maybe too big of a gap, I might reduce it

Btw: how did the icons ended up ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Dobler
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


Icons weren't bad at all. I'm sure if I printed at .1 they'd have been better, but I plan to paint it anyway.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre G
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
it does look really nice ^^

Did you test the game's tokens? do they fit well? (SPECIAL + perks)
Same question for the cards?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you paint it, what paint and primer do you use? I read people on the miniatures thread about how difficult it is to pain 3D printed items and I am a total newbie in hobby painting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheap sandable automotive spray primers work fine. They also cover up some of the layer lines. Use multiple light sprays instead of one heavy coat. Spray from 10-12 inches in a sweeping motion. Another option is Vallejo Surface Primer (black covers best) if you don’t want to use spray cans. Just paint it on.

Craft paints will work (I use Americana brand from Michaels) for terrain and large objects. Any hobby acrylic paint should do the job. For minis, I like Army Painter or Vallejo. Use water to thin the paint and apply two thin coats.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Dobler
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of it fits wonderfully with space as not to get stuck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre G
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Wonderful !
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls