Viticulture Essential Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Should I keep everything in the Viticulture box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carla
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got Viti EE, Visit Rhine Valley, and now Tuscany EE. It all fits in the Viti box. Should I keep them all in the same box? Do you? Not sure what to do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of games like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Solanum wrote:
I've got Viti EE, Visit Rhine Valley, and now Tuscany EE. It all fits in the Viti box. Should I keep them all in the same box? Do you? Not sure what to do!

I keep everything (except the Automa deck) in the base Viticulture box. It's much easier to transport that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kellen Freeman
United States
Delaware
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do whatever works for you. I store everything in the base game box because I don't really play it without Tuscany anymore and it fits so I figure why not. I also was running out of space on my game shelf so having both boxes didn't make sense for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it's because the Tuscany box is very pretty, but it does take up extra room on the shelf, so I'm wondering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Harris
United Kingdom
Sale
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
There was a good foamcore storage solution posted up by another user here, which may be helpful when deliberating. On my to-do list (sadly, behind lots of house maintenance chores).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan O'Neill
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Doc... I’m from the future. I came here in a Time Machine that you invented.
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a foamcore insert from FoldedSpace.net and it fits all the expansions and gives you player trays. Makes set up and breakdown super easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Pearson
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brendanmoneill wrote:
I bought a foamcore insert from FoldedSpace.net and it fits all the expansions and gives you player trays. Makes set up and breakdown super easy.

I put all the expansions in the base box. Storage space is important and I don't like digging through multiple boxes for everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what I did:

I got rid of the insert, which I hated. I used baggies that are just the right size, not oversize, and I made player packs of the Viticulture and Tuscany pieces, so 12 little baggies total. I put each deck in a just-right sized bag, etc. All that stuff on the bottom of the Viti box, then player boards and Tuscany extended bits on that, then a ribbon across it overhanging the sides of the box, then the Viticulture and Tuscany boards and rule books, then lap the ends of the ribbon over all. You can lift the boards out with the ribbon to avoid having to dig down the side of the box to get a grip on it.

As we only ever play 2 player, most of those baggies will never get opened during play, so this is a simple solution for us (whereas for others, dealing with all those baggies every time might be a pain!)

I have tossed the insert and Tuscany box in the bin. Done! Turns out it was the insert that was freaking me out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We keep everything that we use in the base box. The other stuff lives in the Tuscany box (original) which is kept in a back room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Base Box for me too. I have Viti EE, Tuscany: Expanding the World, both small expansion decks, promo special worker cards, and Metal coins. I took out some unnecessary stuff, but it all fits in the base box perfectly. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YES

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GregDarcy wrote:
We keep everything that we use in the base box. The other stuff lives in the Tuscany box (original) which is kept in a back room.

That's a good solution, but I Konmari'd my world in January and there's no going back to things in the back room. Marie Kondo changed the way we live our daily lives!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.