Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The following [https://boardgamegeek.com/article/28630468#28630468] implies that there is a "background-story" beyond what's in the box.

That really piqued my curiosity! Does more info exist somewhere? Jens, Helge, can we talk you into releasing the thematic inspirations / worldbuilding that went into your great game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nando Simões
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would really appreciate some lore about the factions and the technology revolving around the game.

Hope this info can be released some day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Olson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I would love to get some lore too!

My Favorite game ever is actually Twilight Imperium, which other than scifi and "expansion" is completely different experience for gameplay, cuz, you know...war.

Sometimes I struggle appreciating eurogames due to the lack of direct piece-removal mechanic (aka attack representing armed conflict)

Gaia Project can completely forgo that concept of a violent future though! A potential theory could be based on MAD (mutually assured destruction).

This theory would be that in the GP universe, on a scout/diplomat level all races can travel the whole galaxy and cross-communicate (gameplay restrictions on Mine-placement are due to race-specific limitation of their "heavy lift range" of mass industrial equipment -- easy to send a guy anywhere, hard to send a colonization effort)

Since all races can communicate, they all know the tech level in the galaxy has reached a point where any attempt at violence would result in MAD.

However, there are 'other' ways to struggle for dominance with neighbors that don't involve weapons, and so the Victory Points in the GP backdrop represent the cultural, technological and economic methods remaining when everyone knows that if anyone fights, everyone else will band together to eliminate any aggressor.

Just my own thoughts...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.