Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Indalecio
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very happy that I received my Wave 2 content for this game, very eager to see it hit the table again

However there's a few possible hiccups where I feel I better ask if I´m alone on this or if other backers can confirm my findings

1- All wave 2 "mini cards" have a different width compared to their wave 1 counterparts. My wave 1 cards are 42mm wide and the new cards are 2mm wider, so my Arcane Timmen sleeves do not fit anymore. Was the increase in width intended? 2mm is quite a jump

2- The Atlantis/Troy maps - are they supposed to connect to each other? Seems like it, but when I put them together there is a 17mm gap (!!) between the dotted line on one map and its counterpart on the other one (the dotted line linking North Atlantis to Ionia). Also, the black border on the right side of the maps have different measurements, 22mm on the Troy map and 20mm on the Atlantis map, and even the coloured line in the middle of it has a different width. Intended? I don't care about the border stuff, but the dotted line issue makes it look very odd when you put the maps together to be honest.. Then there's quite a bit of difference in the color of the sea between the two boards, but that's probably minor.

3- I´ll pass on the unexpected difference in quality in the sundrop (most wave 2 models are super-washed compared to my wave 1 minis, but there's also a couple which are very lightly washed), but I also realized the bases are different? They look like cracked rocks, which is very nice (better than the core box bases imho), but again was it the intention to have it differently?

4- The Quest tokens state the quest name in uppercase in the Wave 2 content. Not a big deal at all - but again why the difference?
Wave 1: "Aid to Atlas", "Cattle of Geryon"
Wave 2: "RESCUE OF ANDROMEDA", "THE POWER OF TYNDAREUSS"

I haven't checked everything in great detail (I don't intend to), but the above was quite flashy not to mention it. The map board issue in particular strikes me as being quite gross not to get noticed by quality assurance?

Re the sundrop, I know it's not a perfect process, but I wasn't expecting such a difference between the models, if I take the extremes (very washed vs. very small shade) they really look like models from different games.

Any other backers coming to the same realization? I´m showing a few pics showing what I mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
KY
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Wave 2 - Confused about a few things
Yep the cards are really annoying. I had to switch to mini euros that are way too tall.

I didn't check the map. Very sad if it's that off.

The new bases are nice, but I'm not happy about the change. And 2 of the regular monsters they didn't list alternative spawn spots so you can play them in 2-4p. There also isn't any player aids for 5 and 6p.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did notice the cards and switched to mini-Euro. thankfully I keep these on hand as I purchase sleeves in bulk.

The maps don't bother me as much as the cards I can live with it but yes it seems like allot of stuff was rushed out the door.

I have not noticed the quest tokens but this probably won't bother me either.

I was a Titan backer so I was suppose to get everything sundrop but after receiving the base game I thought the sundrop was horrible as it did not reflect the style they had during kickstarter. I requested a change to normal plastics and that is what I received with the second wave. I do love to paint models. If the sundrop was of the quality they showed during kickstarter I would have skipped painting the game but looks like I'm going to have to put in some work.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the contents for the price we payed. The game is fantastic and these addons look like they will add a ton of variety to the game. I really thought we would never get the game though and I've sworn off backing anymore games from awaken realms.

I passed on nemesis and Tainted Grail as the impression I have is they are using the funds from one kickstarter to fulfill another. This will eventually go bad and also lead to delays. Those two also look like amazing games but I'd rather not take the chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JazzFlight
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in a 1-wave delivery, so I'll be getting everything at once soon. I'm wondering if the base game materials in the latest batch will match the 2nd wave sizes. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JazzFlight wrote:
I'm in a 1-wave delivery, so I'll be getting everything at once soon. I'm wondering if the base game materials in the latest batch will match the 2nd wave sizes. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

If that is the case, I would like to have replacement cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mrdabba wrote:

The maps don't bother me as much as the cards I can live with it but yes it seems like allot of stuff was rushed out the door.

Considering the amount of time we had to wait to get our pledges, to see that they "rushed" the stretch goals' production feels awfully amateurish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziemek
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be a weak consolation, but maybe if they will print other language versions, they will try harder?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Niekumaty wrote:
It will be a weak consolation, but maybe if they will print other language versions, they will try harder?

Honestly, if they don't, then I will ask a refund for Tainted Grail as well, as it will be proof of "not giving a rat's ass about their backers".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sundrop - I can understand the difference, they stated more than once that they're changing the method it's done.
Cards - not great, but if they're not shuffled together-- nothing that's too bad, either.
Boards - now, that's bad. I don't want to constantly play with mismatched boards. This is definitely something that needs to be reprinted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starkiller wrote:
Sundrop - I can understand the difference, they stated more than once that they're changing the method it's done.

Except that it mismatches the minis between the base game and the stretch goals expansion, how the hell is this acceptable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kakuuuu wrote:

Except that it mismatches the minis between the base game and the stretch goals expansion, how the hell is this acceptable?

Again, because it was stated more than once.
Sundrop in itself is not a perfect method and there are mismatches in the miniatures even in the same base copy (mine and others I've seen).
If it's an improvement, then fine (in my opinion, of course).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starkiller wrote:
kakuuuu wrote:

Again, because it was stated more than once.

Right from the start, during the campaign you mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
kakuuuu wrote:
...it will be proof of "not giving a rat's ass about their backers".
Oh, I thought we've already had enough proof of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kakuuuu wrote:

No idea, but at least right from the point where lots of people complained about the sundrop and how it should be changed, and at a point where refunds (or reverting to non-sundrop) were offered.
Again, for me it's not an issue. Not saying that should be the case for everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starkiller wrote:
kakuuuu wrote:

No idea, but at least right from the point where lots of people complained about the sundrop and how it should be changed, and at a point where refunds (or reverting to non-sundrop) were offered.
Again, for me it's not an issue. Not saying that should be the case for everyone.

That's not for me either, as I chose a 1 wave shipping, but still, when you look at it on a large table, it gives a big impression of sloppiness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awaken Realms
msg tools
publisher
mbmb
Hey guys,

Quick comment from our side – first of all, we were really excited to ship Lords of Hellas second wave to backers. This was an extremely huge project for us to finish and it took a while longer then expected. It was the very first project we have done in 2 waves – it also took so much time to complete as we were trying to make our Stretch Goals and Expansions a true gameplay changers, not just “more of the same”. And JUST the Strech Goal box had more content then original Core Box and there is so much more then Stretch Goals there! All of the above made this very complicated process with a lot of pitfalls.
Anyway – as with every shipping, there are a small hick-ups and while we know they must be somewhat annoying, so far we do hope they are not crucial for the game. Answering 1 by 1:

1) Mini cards might have slightly different size – to be honest at this stage we are not sure if it is only in some cases or in all. Between the waves we have changed the production plant and while looking hard on making sure the components will be same, this must have slipped. After checking, it actually turned out, that printing house that produced Core Box have made the mistake and cut a little more then was in the files – so probably this is what cough us off guard, as the sizes in all files we delivered were correct and exactly the same.
But, only few cards (5 neutral artifacts) are mixed into the core box decks, rest is independent decks. While the difference is possible to spot, during the game it should not be problematic. Probably our biggest regret would be if someone already ordered a sleeves that would not work – but with small size different we hope this will be a very rare occasion.
All in all, we certainly understand this might be annoying for some of you and we will make sure anything like that will not happen again in the expansions to follow.

2) Yes, one of the lines are not perfectly aligned. On proofs they were ok, but then on each cardboard elements there can be around 2-3 mm shift during production (that is why you make special overlays on punchboards). We should make this connecting line in a way to account for that 2-3mm shift. Certainly a lesson learned.
Again, while we know it somehow breaks immersion, from gameplay perspective it does not have any impact, as you clearly see where the lines go – it just looks a bit silly.

3) Difference in Sundrop is something that can always happen – this is a mass production process and it sometimes can differ between the miniatures. We feel that after 1st wave (our very first sundrop EVER) we have learned a great deal about sundrop and thus we implemented our knowledge.
One of the important thing was bases – flat bases was a huge problem for sundrop, as wash tend to dry on them leaving ugly splatters (that we had to clean one by one manually) – so this is part of the decision on adding texture bases to new wave. Another part is that they look just better 😉

4) Quest token – probably oversee on our part during the proofreading. Thanks for pointing this out!

All in all, we are sorry for those hick-ups to happen. You guys can and should expect a bigger attention to details from us and earlier this year (in the middle of those expansion production) we have already started to make a lot of changes in procedures and hire new staff dedicated for QC. We really put a lot of heart and development time into those expansion and we do hope that those small issues will not ruin the overall experience of playing Lords of Hellas expansions. And there is so much to discover and try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awaken Realms wrote:
only few cards (5 neutral artifacts) are mixed into the core box decks

If this is the case then it's something that needs to be replaced (at least these 5 cards).
The difference is definitely noticeable, especially with sleeves (but even without). This affects gameplay and is unacceptable.

As for the other things, it is unfortunate the expansions were rushed and there wasn't a bigger focus on ensuring everything matches, especially card sizes and extension boards.
Both of these should be replaced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Paulussen
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Awaken Realms, can you also please specify how you will correct these wrongs with current game instead of paying more attention in the future?
Playing with a mismatched board is unheard of, and also shouldn't be the case in this price range.

These errors deserve a corrected reprint and replacement.
As I can read most mistaken lie within the printing company. If they didn't follow original cutlines, the mistake lies with them and thay can be held accountable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i agree with others: cards maybe can be ignored but not so for the map alignement and washed out colors.
You should really look into it and prepare some replacement asap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply Awaken Realms, that's reassuring to see. Are you saying that everything that was produced in the 2nd wave, even the base game, have been done by the same manufacturing plant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Ziolkowski
Poland
Warszawa
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Awaken Realms

Of course if you dont consider replacing wrong parts i will consider returning stuff after i get expansions. I paid for Titan's Pledge a lot of money and i dont accept product with these errors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awaken Realms
msg tools
publisher
mbmb
This is start of the shipping, let us asses everything guys - it will take some time.
Meanwhile, you can always reach out to our customer service with a ticket to be updated - https://gamefound.freshdesk.com/support/solutions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Cards misalignment has huge impact on two things:
1. you can predict what is going to happen
2. you cannot put cards in sleeves, and they will wear faster

Boards not being aligned is an example of how little attention you pay to your products.

This has never happened with any other publisher. Really happy that legal regulations allow to return such product
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiszu wrote:
This has never happened with any other publisher.
Let's not blow things out of proportion. It happens all the time and most publishers find a way to correct the issues. It’s physical manufacturing after all.

Let's wait what AR proposes as a fix, after they have assessed the situation. Yes, this may take a while and yes, it is annoying. But for now, I am giving them the benefit of doubt and think they will ultimately do the right thing.
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Sure, however in Poland we can return the product within certain period of time guarantee to have it accepted by the seller.
The time they refer to, takes this opportunity away allowing them to mix out from their responsibility.

Can we expect any official statement which will allow us to return the product AFTER the assessment, if no action is taken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   |