Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis McCown
United States
Uniontown
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the Grievous wounds card that says give this wound to the person on your left/right.... What if the player that is supposed to receive the wound has the Captain America that says do not receive a wound, instead reveal this card and draw.

I don't think the player with Cap has to take the wound, but what happens to the wound. I would say it goes back into the hand of the person trying to get rid of it.
The others I played with last night say that it should not and it should go into the KO pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you're right, and the wound just doesn't get transferred. Ask your friends this: what happens when they use that Cap card to prevent gaining a wound from the wound pile; does it get KOed or stay where it is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't think putting it into the hand of the person who tried to get rid of it would be the correct answer as that would enable an infinite loop for the player with Cap to draw his entire deck if the original owner of the wound kept using the Grievous Wounds Healing ability.

I would probably KO it. If you do have it go back to the original player then it should probably go to their discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
overhaul wrote:

I don't think putting it into the hand of the person who tried to get rid of it would be the correct answer as that would enable an infinite loop for the player with Cap to draw his entire deck if the original owner of the wound kept using the Grievous Wounds Healing ability.

I would probably KO it. If you do have it go back to the original player then it should probably go to their discard pile.

That's a very good point that I hadn't thought of. It might be too much to hope for an official ruling, but you never know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the infinite loop would be a thing unless the owner of the Grievous Wound keeps meeting the requirement and trying to pawn it off. If they do that, they clearly don't get the message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
I don't think the infinite loop would be a thing unless the owner of the Grievous Wound keeps meeting the requirement and trying to pawn it off. If they do that, they clearly don't get the message.

It would make sense if you play cooperatively or solo two handed--both of which I do.

And , I guess technically it isnt infinite since it will end when the player with cap draws all their cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.