Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Taylor
United States
Eaton Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Memoir arrived yesterday, so I was ready to give this one a try. I like BattleCry a lot, and the pre-release "buzz" on this game has been uniformly good. I was anxious to play.

The first thing you'll notice is that the box is smaller than the BattleCry box -- the Memoir '44 box is the same size as the Ticket to Ride box. The more compact box, taking less shelf space, is a good thing. The pieces are very nice; the German panzers look especially good. The plastic is a softer type that lets the barrels bend (but not break) which is not that big a deal to me. The cards are nice and colorful, but seem a little thin.

As suggested in the rules, we tried out the first scenario -- Pegasus Bridge. This scenario only uses infantry (no tanks or artillery) which makes for an easy intro. The first side to four medals wins. The Brits can get a medal for holding each of the two bridges. Both the Germans and British get a medal for each unit eliminated.

Game 1 (Pegasus Bridge):
The British were able to take the Pegasus Bridge across the Caen Canal and force heavy German loses in their victory. Allied air power, an infantry assault and plenty of command cards lead to the British victory.

Final score:
British (Rob) 4 medals
Germans (Nathan) 2 medals

Game 2 (Pegasus Bridge):
Despite the British domination of their right flank by taking the Orne river bridge, heavy casualties in the fighting around the Pegasus Bridge allowed the Germans to win a tight game. A critically timed barrage card by the Germans lead to their victory.

Final score:
Germans (Nathan) 4 medals
British (Rob) 3 medals

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.