All That We See Or Seem
badge
Is But A Dream Within A Dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
I WANT... INFORMATION.
INFORMATION...
IN FOR MATION...

Where can this game be found?
Was this only available from the Prisoner Fan Club?
What are the game mechanics,
what are the optimal number of players,
that is what i want to know,

How does it play,
how long does it take,
what strategies do you use,
what strategies do 'they' use,

is it fun,
complicated,
exciting?

that's what I want to know,
Now,
Tell me,
now,
Now,
all of it,
YES!

...Be Seeing You.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Stephenson
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I do not run and hide... I strategically maneuver.
mbmbmbmbmb
You are number six.
And it's all for six, and six for one...or vice versa.
And that's all I'm telling.

About the game, I have no idea.

Be seeing you.
-Darin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Schwartz
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As you might be able to tell from the middle mini-badge under my avatar, I am quite a fan of the show also. I would love to track down this game!! (chances of it being any good seem "iffy"). I remember seeing a GURP featuring the Prisoner some years ago which I kick myself now for not picking up. Although it would be quite possible to create an excellent game based on the series (using the "map" provided at the general store) the chances of that actually happening is very slim. But we'll always have the 17 sterling episodes on DVD.

Be seeing you!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure, but I think that an old magazine called "Cult TV" had the rules in an issue and a board for a Prisoner boardgame. Don't imagine anything fancy, I think it was just a roll and move game but still, it was something...

Now as far as this one is concerned, I don't have the slightest idea. Have you tried contacting the one who uploaded the pictures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
robot Now that I know it exists, it's on my wants as well. Given that a whopping total of ZERO BGGers own it...this may be pretty tough (bordering on impossible) to find. Be Seeing You! robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The issue of Cult TV is February 1998. I have it, and the "game" included.

Don't go out of your way to find it though as it's just a super simple game of move around a trival pursuit shaped board until you collect 4 "outposts" to escape the village. Random spaces have like loose a turn to rover and hand over pieces to other player. All and all just something to fill up the middle two pages of the magazine and not worth playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dubin
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SD1138 wrote:
The issue of Cult TV is February 1998. I have it, and the "game" included.

Don't go out of your way to find it though as it's just a super simple game of move around a trival pursuit shaped board until you collect 4 "outposts" to escape the village. Random spaces have like loose a turn to rover and hand over pieces to other player. All and all just something to fill up the middle two pages of the magazine and not worth playing.

...and, to be perfectly clear, nothing whatsoever to do with the Prisoner board game described in this BGG entry. The game in the Cult TV issue looks nothing like the one pictured here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lesso lesprocol
msg tools
lesso lesprocol
msg tools
Having seen The Prisoner board game on this site I decided to copy amd improve it. I have been designing board games for my own personal use for 20 years. so I set to, working out the rules and game play for my modified board. My game follows the layout of the original game but it also includes the various buildings and rover into the game. there are also an extra set of "village" cards. If anyone is interested in seeing or copying my version free of charge please contact me. I will also send a copy of the rules as I percieve them plus my alterations .:cool....

lesso

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Clarke
Australia
Melbourne
Vic
flag msg tools
www.unhalfbricking.com
badge
EuroGamer since 1980, & online games retailer since 2003
mbmbmbmbmb
Having put the game up on the Geek, I never went back to the entry. I have it but never played it. It comes over as a non-gamer design, being a cross between Monopoly, Cluedo & Escape from Colditz.

It definitely forms part of my Prisoner memorabilia collection rather than my boardgames collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.